• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Fitness Help.

Julian

Power member.
My goal is to start jogging 4 times a week and having 3 rest days. To all you fitness freaks, what should i be eating before and after my runs? How many calories should i be consuming daily, and how do i keep track of them? Should i run on an empty stomach? My main goal is to get back into shape and lose some fat. I will be jogging at a medium rate for about 3-4 miles. Tips are highly appreciated as i've never really worked out seriously before except for school p.e, so this will all be new to me. I have one more thing to ask, will running in a hoodie increase the amount of calories being burned?

Luciano

Onyx user!
I run 3-4 times a week at my local gym and my best advice is to pace yourself. If you're new to jogging, the first week will be hell since your body is not used to that type of fitness (assuming your not). Always stretch, wouldn't want to pull something. I usually walk for 15 minutes as a warm up, jog for 25, walk 5 more, then run 10. 

If you don't think you can run for very long, walking is just as fine. Some say walking is equal to jogging. And I would suggest wearing a hoodie, it does help increase sweating.

Drink lots of water to stay hydrated. Try to stay away from unhealthy foods loaded with trans fat. Cheating days are okay, everybody does it lol.

Hoped this helped :]

Doom

Power member.
You'll be sore as fuck. Your legs will be dead. It'll be hard to walk.

Well, that was for me when I first did leg day.

Julian

Power member.
@luciano It helped a ton, thank you. :)

Dolphins

Onyx user!
Keep your pace when you run. Also, if this is your first time running, try walking your first two days. You'll burn the same amount of calories whether you walk or run. If you want to build on endurance, then run and increase your speed as you get used to the burn on your legs. Also, I prefer using short shorts when I run because your legs get hot when running. The breeze helps keep them cool. (Don't wear shorts up to your ballsack, that's gay af). If youre running outdoors, try to set markers where you want to stop and don't stop until you get there. Other than that, consume less calories than you normally would and you will see results. Good luck!

Julian

Power member.
@dolphins Thanks for the tips i appreciate it. I'll make sure to wear shorts that meet at my pelvis!

Dolphins

Onyx user!
Julian said:
@dolphins Thanks for the tips i appreciate it. I'll make sure to wear shorts that meet at my pelvis!

Lol yea bro any time.

Chill

Julian said:
My goal is to start jogging 4 times a week and having 3 rest days. To all you fitness freaks, what should i be eating before and after my runs? How many calories should i be consuming daily, and how do i keep track of them? Should i run on an empty stomach? My main goal is to get back into shape and lose some fat. I will be jogging at a medium rate for about 3-4 miles. Tips are highly appreciated as i've never really worked out seriously before except for school p.e, so this will all be new to me. I have one more thing to ask, will running in a hoodie increase the amount of calories being burned?
Short answer: Just running you will not lose weight.

Julian

Power member.
@Chill running, counting calories, eating and drinking clean won't lose weight?

Sector

Power member.
Eat a banana and one or two hard-boiled eggs 45-60 minutes before running. I'd also drink 2 bottles of water if you haven't ran in a while or don't plan on bringing one with. You'll need to keep hydrated. Three to four miles will get rid of the water weight you intake, yet maintain hydration. Afterwards, I'd drink one of those little 8oz. LOWFAT chocolate milks and a bottle of water.

Changing your diet and activity helps a lot. In February I was at 248.8 lbs., and now, a little over four months later, I'm sitting at 209.1 as of last night. I used to play video games and eat nothing but shit 24/7. I went from 23% body fat to 11% (really good number).

Cut all crap and empty calories from your diet and exercise for an hour a day and you'll see results.

If you want a small supplement to help burn some extra fat: I would recommend Garcinia Cambogia.

When weighing yourself, make sure you're consistent. Make sure it's the same time every day. In the morning after you go to the bathroom is typically best. Otherwise, before going to bed is what others do. I do both to get an average for the next day.

Julian

Power member.
@Sector That's dope, congrats on losing the weight. 11% body fat is a good number. Maybe we can talk more later, thanks for the tips.

Chill

Julian said:
@Chill running, counting calories, eating and drinking clean won't lose weight?
Counting calories alone could have the potential to lose weight, running alone would probably not. Mixing the both of these together of course you'd lose weight, eating right is like 70% of the hard work.

One

If you want to be absolutely shredded like me, run first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Then go have a HUGE (in a Donald Trump voice) breakfast. I recommend hard boiled eggs or egg whites, toast, banana, sausage/some meat, OJ, and whatever else you can cram in. Then hit the gym and eat a lot after that too. Then just repeat.

Blue

wow @julian stay on a grind homie and stay motivated that will help a lot and thats very brave of you to make a post like this congrats!!!

Julian

Power member.
What do i eat after my run, can anyone help? I was thinking a couple of boiled eggs?

Nervous

User is banned.
bro honestly it's all in the kitchen you can lose a fuck load of weight if you keep your calorie count small but obviously jogging will help to. sweating is best, so make sure you are always sweating while working out or it's really pointless. a lot of people run with sweatshirts on, it's the mid summer though right now so prob not the safest. but the more you sweat the more you lose. don't drink pop coffee nothing with sugar. it's really all in the swearing and kitchen. just also make sure your work outs are actually pushing you and you are not half assing it bc it won't get you as far. running is good but your body gets used to it as well by that time you will prob be a lot more fit and prob more confident so I suggest starting to lift your because you can keep going higher and higher weight so it's burning more and more calories unlike running your body will be used to it after a while. basically all you need to know. processed foods are all horrible. vegetables over fruits any day because of the sugars that are in fruits and water water water. chicken and rice low calorie meals and have 3 meals and snacks in between to keep metabolism going. basicaly all you need to know to get it going man hmu if you have any questions. that's really all I know though

Julian

Power member.
@nervous aye, thanks i will let you know if i have any more questions, this helped a lot.

Jiant

User is banned.
It's all on your metabolism, try going to the gym and working things out. Eat healthier and stay positive.