• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

First Step.

Techno

User is banned.
Mine would have to be process explorer/router shut off

BlackRa1n

Onyx user!
I turn my internet off like TheElite , incase of RAT or something.

RAF

Onyx user!
Techno said:
Mine would have to be process explorer/router shut off

Ending the process also does work, although when a virus occurs (specifically speaking a Remote Administration Tool), turning off your internet would deem the malware itself harmless.

Echoes said:
Running my Virus scanner lol.

If malware which logs information was used, a large amount of information about you mainly passwords could be logged in the hour or two which was taken up completing the scan.

Zennywop said:
I unplug the internet connection.

Or i immediatley shutdown computer and unplug internet.

Dito. :)

Juicy said:
Nothing, I don't even have an anti-virus so I have no idea if I have a virus :)

I recommend you to at least download and or install a free anti-virus which would notify you of the occurrence of a new virus on your computer.

ZAK4SU

Reboot in safe mode.

Usually I don't catch viruses, but when I have to help my freinds out I boot in safe mode.

Σŋ∂™

I just check my processes, google unfamiliar ones, then virus scan. If the virus is still there, I system restore.

Veggiesmurf

Recently due to a faulty Linux install I had to do a complete system restore and lost a lot of important files. :( so currently I don't have a virus scanner installed so I don't really know if i get one. >< however i guess i would turn of the Internet, then Google problems and solutions on my phone. :)

Will

Onyx user!
If I found out I had a backdoor, or any other type of virus, I'd pull the internet connection. :/

Reality

User is banned.
Go into Safe Mode w/ Networking, when I have Windows.

LoveToHax

Onyx user!
Keep on doing what I'm doing...
I mean... Who cares about some sucky accounts?
:p
I don't save passwords anyways.
Then a virus scan, etc.
Don't do anything while scanning lmao.

HeY?

I would just run all my anti virus programs while I sleep or if its serious I turn my internet off.