• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Final Fantasy Photoshop Signature Tutorial

Ellie

User is banned.
Today I will show you guys How to make a Final Fantasy Signature Using Photoshop. Lets Get started. :)

Things you Need:
-The C4D Render
-The Final Fantasy Render
-and Photoshop

Now here is the Tutorial :)

Start by creating a new file, the size was set to 385 pixels by 110 pixels:
1newfile.gif

Place the render you want to use on your canvas(In this one I used the Final Fantasy Render I supplied above). Don’t resize it yet, we will use this to create a background.
2pasterender.gif

Select Filter > Liquify, and use the swirl tool to transform the render. Using the liquify tool we can create a nice signature background:
3thumb.gif

I've covered the left part of the signature:
4liquified.gif

Duplicate the layer , and move it around to fill the entire signature with the liquified final fantasy character:
5liquified.gif

We will be using this cinema4d render(I have supplied it above). You can easily make the cinema4d renders color match the color of the final fantasy or whatever render you selected by using a Hue/Saturation adjustment. Press CTRL + U, and change the Hue around (make sure you didn’t check Colorize, the outcome will not look as good).
7colorrender.gif

This is the render shown on the signature:
6addarender.gif

Change the blending mode to Lighten:
8settolighten.gif

Add your render on the signature, on top of the cinema4drender:
9finalfantasycharacter.gif

Duplicate the cinema4d render, and move it to the side and over your final fantasy character,
10cinema4drender.gif

Change the blending mode of this layer to Lighten as well:
11settolighten.gif

Using the render, we will create more detail with the Liquify filter. Add the render on top again:
12addrenderontop.gif

Select Filter > Liquify, and use the eraser tool to remove some parts of the character:
13eraseliquify.gif

We’ve only kept the right side, going over her shoulder:
14liquified.gif

Add the cinema4d render on top again. We’re going to create some detail to the left of the character:
15renderontop.gif

Erase everything that covers the final fantasy character, by CTRL + Clicking on the layer image:
16signature.gif

Delete and erase the render:
17sectionbehind.gif

Repeat this step a few times, add detail around your character by placing the cinema4d render on top and erasing it:
18renderontop.gif

Change the blending mode of the cinema4d render to Lighten:
19settolighten.gif

Create a few light sources by using the eyedropper tool, and tap with a soft brush underneath your character:
20bluebrushing.gif

Change the blending mode to Screen:
21blendingmode.jpg

Use the eyedropper tool again to select a color from your character. Then using splatter brushes, tap once or twice or twice on your signature.
22splatterbrush.gif

Select a contrasting color, and brush on the signature again:
23whitesplatterbrush.gif

We’re going to blur some parts of the signature by using the Blur Tool. To do this, first we have to apply the image on a new layer by selecting Image > Apply Image:
24applyimage.gif

Select the Blur tool:
25blurtool.gif

Use the blur tool to create depth on the signature, you can do this by keeping the focal point untouched, and gradually blurring to the sides of the signature:
26blurring.jpg

We’re going to add some more depth by changing the lighting. First, Apply the image on a new layer again:
24applyimage.gif

Then press CTRL + U to bring up the Hue/Saturation window. Now, drag the Lightness bar down:
27shadinginstructions.gif

This will darken your image, our result shown below:
ffsignature.gif
Grab the eraser tool, and erase around your focal point. Make sure you select a soft brush, and play around with the opacity to achieve the best looking result:
28erasertool.gif

Outcome after fixing the depth:
29darkening.jpg

We’re going to add a light source underneath the final fantasy render again. Use the eyedropper tool to select a color from your signature, and tap with a soft brush once or twice underneath your character:
30lightcoloring.jpg

Change the blending mode of the brushing to either Screen or Lighten:
31settoscreen.jpg

Time for your finishing touches, optionally you can sharpen with the shrapen tool, add some more splattering, or your text. This brings us to our final result:
result.jpg

And There we go. Now you get a Final Fantasy Signature. I know this tutorial is very long but lets see if you can do this :)

I hope you guys enjoy​

Crush

this is way too much to read yo.

Bewaare

User is banned.
Cabbage said:
Pretty awesome, I'm getting Cinema 4d soon. Photoshop is just not enough for making 3d graphics.

if you hit me up on aim i can get it for you free :)

illest.

Onyx user!
Jaydеn said:
if you hit me up on aim i can get it for you free :)

HO-MAI-GAD.. Thats illegal.

aka Racks

Crush said:
this is way too much to read yo.

Kfc in the way <3

@op

Nice tutt

Phenom

User is banned.
This is another great tutorial, very detailed and helpful, thanks bro.