• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Favorite language?

Achonos

What is your favorite language to program in? Or if you are a programmer for your career, what do you use most in your daily work? :)

velox

Onyx user!
My favorite is C#, basically Java with money put into it. :D

Oxyrus

I found myself using Ruby and JavaScript almost every day, however

1. I like ruby, but it's not my favorite language
  2. I don't like JavaScript-Node community

I have been experimenting with Golang those days, I find it cool, however I'm still a newbie at it so I can't speak for myself.

But yeah, overall

Languages I don't like

1. Java
  2. PHP
  3. JavaScript

Languages I like

1. Ruby
  2. Elixir
  3. Python
  4. C#
  5. Golang(?)

Achonos

Oxyrus said:
I found myself using Ruby and JavaScript almost every day, however

1. I like ruby, but it's not my favorite language
  2. I don't like JavaScript-Node community

I have been experimenting with Golang those days, I find it cool, however I'm still a newbie at it so I can't speak for myself.

But yeah, overall

Languages I don't like

1. Java
  2. PHP
  3. JavaScript

Languages I like

1. Ruby
  2. Elixir
  3. Python
  4. C#
  5. Golang(?)

Interesting insight! I totally agree with the JavaScript community thing... Last time I was around it, there were too many kids attempting to make Minecraft mods... Not ideal lol. I haven't really looked at Golang yet, because I'm still taking my college classes so I don't really have time lol.

Ene

Not being good at programming but I like Python a lot because it just looks sexy and clean.

Oxyrus

Achonos said:
Interesting insight! I totally agree with the JavaScript community thing... Last time I was around it, there were too many kids attempting to make Minecraft mods... Not ideal lol. I haven't really looked at Golang yet, because I'm still taking my college classes so I don't really have time lol.

I don't like it because the JavaScript community (specially Node) are used to create over engineered tools, plus, the node modules can become a pain in the ass when you're dealing with upgrades and everything seems to be broken.

Here is a post in medium referring to it, feel free to check it out https://medium.com/@wob/the-sad-state-of-web-development-1603a861d29f

Also, you can do the golang tour in about 30 minutes, after that you can see if you like it or not :)

Achonos

Oxyrus said:
I don't like it because the JavaScript community (specially Node) are used to create over engineered tools, plus, the node modules can become a pain in the ass when you're dealing with upgrades and everything seems to be broken.

Here is a post in medium referring to it, feel free to check it out https://medium.com/@wob/the-sad-state-of-web-development-1603a861d29f

Also, you can do the golang tour in about 30 minutes, after that you can see if you like it or not :)

"You see the Node.js philosophy is to take the worst fucking language ever designed and put it on the server." Pretty much sums it up lol. I'm currently in a Java class in college. So we will see how that goes haha. I think tonight I will do the golang tour! :)

Oxyrus

Achonos said:
"You see the Node.js philosophy is to take the worst fucking language ever designed and put it on the server." Pretty much sums it up lol. I'm currently in a Java class in college. So we will see how that goes haha. I think tonight I will do the golang tour! :)

Let me know if you want to start a project together so we learn about Go :)

I'm starting college the next monday and I guess I'm going to have a lot of free time at least until May.

Achonos

Oxyrus said:
Let me know if you want to start a project together so we learn about Go :)

I'm starting college the next monday and I guess I'm going to have a lot of free time at least until May.

Yeah, I'll hit you up when I know I got some time! HMU on kik, too, if you ever wanna chat!

Oxyrus

Achonos said:
Yeah, I'll hit you up when I know I got some time! HMU on kik, too, if you ever wanna chat!

I don't use kik, and haven't used Skype for about 7 months, I usually use Slack/Gitter for communication with devs :)

Julian

Power member.
@awoke try to post on newer threads.

X3NZ

Trying to learn Lisp.
So by far my favorite.

Sorry for gravedigging :/
Can't delete posts...