• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Does jogging get you toned?

Julian

Power member.
If i jog every weekend for about 30-40 minutes will i get toned? This includes a clean diet.

i'm not overweight or obese, but i'm looking to get more toned.

ForumKorner

30-40 mins just only weekends isn't enough imo. I go to the gym every other day and I start off by running 1-2 miles. I'm not fat, obese, or anything. I'm skinny but I still need my cardio.

Chill

Just running by itself does not get you toned.

You still need to isolate many muscle groups to become defined, running also does not lose weight as much as walking does, running AKA jogging is for your fitness levels. Walking has proven to burn more fat then jogging.
To lose a fat content you need to have an elevated heart rate for a longer period of time. Running/jogging gives you a maximized heart rate depending on the speed of your jog for a shorter amount of time.

I recommend either going to the gym and doing high intensity workouts that require moderate or above heartrate with breaks in between sets or doing it from home, situps, burpees, push-ups, weights. Doing interval training can be a very good way to maximize heart rate for a short amount of time having recovery time between workouts/laps. A beep test is a great example.

Fantasy said:
30-40 mins just only weekends isn't enough imo. I go to the gym every other day and  I start off by running 1-2 miles. I'm not fat, obese, or anything. I'm skinny but I still need my cardio.
By the way if you go to the gym and do weights but start off by running you're doing it wrong. Never warm up with a run. You're defeating the purpose of the weights, if you do any.

Always keep weights and cardio days separate to maximize results.

[ザイオン]

User is banned.
Do meth and you'll forsure get skinny. No but, listen to Coltie. He's spot on.

Gear

Power member.
Once a week for 30-40 minutes isn't that much exercise. You can't just exercise and expect to get toned, you gotta eat the right things + exercise the muscles you want toned. If you burn all the fat on your stomach you're not gonna have a 6 pack unless you've actually exercised your ab muscle group but it will be easier with lower body fat. In short eat the right things like rice and chicken and go to a gym because just running is not a good way to get toned.

[ザイオン]

User is banned.
Sarcasm said:
When you're tryna be funny but your not lol

You're* c'mon man, even seventh graders know this.

F R

Yes it does, it strips you down big time, try a rucksack on your back with a few weights in. :)

Mytho

Onyx user!
Running would only do so much. A clean diet is good as well, but on top of that-while losing fat you want to build muscle by lifting and other various exercises. If you really want to get toned you'll have to put a daily effort with more than an hour.

Nemesis

User is banned.
Running/jogging for 15-30 minutes a day, maybe even every other day will do if you are trying to lose weight. If you are skinny, yes it'll get you toned.

Old Man

Power member.
I'm a runner. I do Cross Country and Track (distance). And your legs will get pretty toned by the end of your season, but you need to do some hard running and sprints too. So maybe, if you're skinny enough, but I don't know how fast you run during those minutes.

Julian

Power member.
Chill said:
Just running by itself does not get you toned.

You still need to isolate many muscle groups to become defined, running also does not lose weight as much as walking does, running AKA jogging is for your fitness levels. Walking has proven to burn more fat then jogging.
To lose a fat content you need to have an elevated heart rate for a longer period of time. Running/jogging gives you a maximized heart rate depending on the speed of your jog for a shorter amount of time.

I recommend either going to the gym and doing high intensity workouts that require moderate or above heartrate with breaks in between sets or doing it from home, situps, burpees, push-ups, weights. Doing interval training can be a very good way to maximize heart rate for a short amount of time having recovery time between workouts/laps. A beep test is a great example.

By the way if you go to the gym and do weights but start off by running you're doing it wrong. Never warm up with a run. You're defeating the purpose of the weights, if you do any.

Always keep weights and cardio days separate to maximize results.

How many sets/reps should i do of 
Push ups, sit ups, burpees etc. ?

Chill

Julian said:
How many sets/reps should i do of 
Push ups, sit ups, burpees etc. ?
10/10/10

You do it as a cycle, so 3 sets of 10 each as fast as you can with a 30 second rest and do that 10 times. Also choose different workouts for different days to change it up.

Also do weights, lightweight for maximum reps. This tones you, doesn't increase muscle mass.