• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

College Application Essay

Omnipotent

Onyx user!
So, I have been rushed to finish a rough draft... I'm a little unsure what direction I should take it. 

"I'm not comfortable in my own skin: I keep scratching and itching, hoping it will sink in. Just the thought alone, the piercing eyes of others, makes me cringe. Society continues to express that it is a necessary skill... but how does one grow into the process of publicly speaking?"

I was gonna let this stand alone as a paragraph. WHAT DO I DO NOW?

The prompt: Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma -- anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.

I'm just stuck on what I should do for body paragraphs. Any suggestions? :-(

ForumKorner

I remember doing this in my senior year lol. Body paragraph is easy, you have to do it on your own because it speaks about your life.
What I can do is give an example so you can have an idea of what to write about. What I talked about is when I first came here to the US I didn't know english except my language. [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Going to school without knowing any english was the most most difficult time of my life and school year, to make the story short after years and years have passed I worked hard to a point where I could interact with other classmates. [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]When you're done talking about your challenge in life you can talk more about you, you might think colleges would want to hear about the trophies you've won, the academic awards but the thing is a lot of people across the US have also achieved what you achieved and don't you think they'll get tired of reading that from everyone? What i'm trying to say is just don't put too much information of yourself bragging, it's okay to put a little but but don't over do it. Talk about what makes you stand out and just think out the box.[/font]

Omnipotent

Onyx user!
Emoji said:
I remember doing this in my senior year lol. Body paragraph is easy, you have to do it on your own because it speaks about your life.
What I can do is give an example so you can have an idea of what to write about. What I talked about is when I first came here to the US I didn't know english except my language. [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Going to school without knowing any english was the most most difficult time of my life and school year, to make the story short after years and years have passed I worked hard to a point where I could interact with other classmates. [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]When you're done talking about your challenge in life you can talk more about you, you might think colleges would want to hear about the trophies you've won, the academic awards but the thing is a lot of people across the US have also achieved what you achieved and don't you think they'll get tired of reading that from everyone? What i'm trying to say is just don't put too much information of yourself bragging, it's okay to put a little but but don't over do it. Talk about what makes you stand out and just think out the box.[/font]
I really appreciate the response... Of course, I've heard it before. I'm just trying to figure out how to move forward in my writing without sounding pessimistic.