• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Chrome OS

Professor

Does anyone here use a Chromebook? How do you like it?

My dad has one that I use occasionally. I've thought about buying one for college, but I couldn't because I need PS, JES, etc for Graphic Design/Computer Science classes.

Fresh

Power member.
hmm i dont have one but i wouldnt buy one only cause its so small there would be no screen space. also i like a computer with a disc tray and bigger memory with better graphics but its totally opinion i would test it out b4 anything

F. Malware

Onyx user!
ChromeBooks are basically made for people who do nothing but sit on Facebook and forums all day, so if that's all you use your computer for, go for it. There are ways to install separate operating systems but it's not worth the pain, and if you don't know what your doing you won't get very far and will still have a half closed off computer. All in all, just get a real laptop.

Chthonic

Onyx user!
F. Malware said:
ChromeBooks are basically made for people who do nothing but sit on Facebook and forums all day, so if that's all you use your computer for, go for it. There are ways to install separate operating systems but it's not worth the pain, and if you don't know what your doing you won't get very far and will still have a half closed off computer. All in all, just get a real laptop.
If I could give 1000 kudos to one post, it would be to this.

I personally don't like Chromebooks, because Chrome OS kind of sucks. Furthermore, I used one, and I didn't like the feel of it.

Conclusion: save your money more to buy a real Windows or Mac laptop.

Iyyel

I would actually love to try out a Chromebook and its OS.

Guess there's no VM support for it?

Sleasing

I don't have a chrome book but I heard its really good. and my friend has one so yea

Replicate

User is banned.
Weird, I just posted a thread about this.
Also, @Iyyel you can install Chromium OS (Open Source Chrome OS) and try it out.