• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Can someone help me with some Physics?

Blender

Onyx user!
Pretty simple yet I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

The question states "You toss a ball straight up with an initial speed of 24 m/s"

If it goes 29 m high up, How long is it in the air?

Fireworks

User is banned.
24 m/s = 24 meters per second

29 m = meters

29 * 24 = Your answer in seconds.

Blender

Onyx user!
Fireworks said:
24 m/s = 24 meters per second

29 m = meters

29 * 24 = Your answer in seconds.

I've tried that and it is not the answer, I think I am missing something,

Fireworks

User is banned.
Do you know the formula for the equation?

Blender

Onyx user!
Fireworks said:
Do you know the formula for the equation?

I just asked a friend and he came up with an equation that looks something like this

-9.9t^2+24t-29=0
Wherein you solve for t to give you time.

Fireworks

User is banned.
Lacetip said:
I just asked a friend and he came up with an equation that looks something like this

-9.9t^2+24t-29=0
Wherein you solve for t to give you time.
Yup, and know I'm lost. Good luck with your equation m8! :0

Blender

Onyx user!
Fireworks said:
Yup, and know I'm lost. Good luck with your equation m8! :0

That's where I am too. haha, that equation just threw me off more than before, oh well

Senpai

User is banned.
Damn, I could have asked my friend who took honors physics to help you, but he literally just went to bed, sorry man :( Wish I could help, but that equation has me lost also. Sorry.

Blender

Onyx user!
Madara said:
Damn, I could have asked my friend who took honors physics to help you, but he literally just went to bed, sorry man :( Wish I could help, but that equation has me lost also. Sorry.

No kidding, this is Physics 101, it shouldn't be THIS hard, or maybe I'm just too lazy to pay attention.

Senpai

User is banned.
Lacetip said:
No kidding, this is Physics 101, it shouldn't be THIS hard, or maybe I'm just too lazy to pay attention.

Maybe one of your friends that is good in that class can come in clutch and let you copy the homework lol, good luck!

Blender

Onyx user!
Madara said:
Maybe one of your friends that is good in that class can come in clutch and let you copy the homework lol, good luck!
For sure, thannk you siur for your input/help

Senpai

User is banned.
Lacetip said:
For sure, thannk you siur for your input/help

No problem, I'm gonna actually text my friend right now, maybe he is still awake and can help you out, hold on.

EDIT: Unfortunately, the only response I got, which will probably be the only response, was. "Tyler gtfo niggaa damn"
Sorry :(

Blender

Onyx user!
Madara said:
No problem, I'm gonna actually text my friend right now, maybe he is still awake and can help you out, hold on.

EDIT: Unfortunately, the only response I got, which will probably be the only response, was. "Tyler gtfo niggaa damn"
Sorry :(

Ain't no thang g. PReciate the effort though. I think My buddy is on to something none the less