• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

BSOD help needed

I'm getting BSOD's (Blue Screen of Death) every few days now.

Ummm I only get it when my computer is in or going into hibernate. Just today I waited until my computer was fully hibernated before leaving it, and yet it went into a BSOD. It drains my battery completely when it happens, which annoys the shit out of me.

I'm not sure how to handle them, I tried some googling and nothing really worked.

So after starting up I get the error log and it says this, not sure if it helps

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 000000000000000D
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF880082875E7
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I also have the .dmp if that could help. All help is appreciated!

Tcrypt

You would need to give more information in order to get help to fix this. Have you installed anything recently? Updated something? Try a system restore. If that doesn't fix it, pm me your dmp

I've been getting these randomly for at least 3-4 months. I don't believe I had installed anything at the time. I've done a system restore before with no help. Not sure if it matters but my finger scanner is broken and I've been told it's a hardware issue.
I'll pm you my dmp, thanks for helping!

Ti Skate

Onyx user!
Cubs said:
I've been getting these randomly for at least 3-4 months. I don't believe I had installed anything at the time. I've done a system restore before with no help. Not sure if it matters but my finger scanner is broken and I've been told it's a hardware issue.
I'll pm you my dmp, thanks for helping!

It probably could be a hardware issue. My old computer used to do that every so often because I had switched out a processor. Hope you get it fixed!

Thanks Ti, I've pmed Tcrypt the file, hopefully he can help.

Inxy

Onyx user!
BSOD is mainly not related to malware. BSOD is mostly driver issue or hardware issue.

Searched around, one of the trained staff from windows forum said it is a driver issue.

Have you installed any new hardware or drivers?

Alpha Predator said:
BSOD is mainly not related to malware. BSOD is mostly driver issue or hardware issue.

Searched around, one of the trained staff from windows forum said it is a driver issue.

Have you installed any new hardware or drivers?

I've been having these for months, I'm not sure if I had installed anything...nothing really comes to mind.

Inxy

Onyx user!
I would update all your drivers for your motherboard, graphic card or wifi card

Their all up to date, checked under device manager. Any other ideas, would it help if you saw the dmp file?