• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

boot problem

gunnar

ForumKorner Supporter!
i also just posted this on hf
so i was running updates on my brother's/my machine since it had not been used in quite some time and left the updates to go overnight, 120 or so updates needed to be downloaded and installed. i woke up to the screen reading "We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off your computer" and so i left it for the day while i went out. come home to see this is still happening, so i proceed to go online and look up this boot error and can't find anything but having to restart with a boot disk and losing all the data. i only have one os installed, windows 8. i've tried booting safe mode, i tried booting from an image with no luck for either. i'm posting to see if anyone else has had this problem/can help me/ or can lend any suggestions.

Awhile

I believe I had a similar problem awhile back, try and see if you can boot up the computer and go to the menu where you can restore back to an old save on the computer, sorry for being so vague (I haven't used a windows in awhile). But I believe this worked for me so it can't hurt giving it a try.

gunnar

ForumKorner Supporter!
Gang said:
I believe I had a similar problem awhile back, try and see if you can boot up the computer and go to the menu where you can restore back to an old save on the computer, sorry for being so vague (I haven't used a windows in awhile). But I believe this worked for me so it can't hurt giving it a try.
that's what booting from an image is boy
it didn't work

Awhile

gunnar said:
i am literally going to set you on fire

Sorry I'm a retard, but maybe just try throwing it down some stairs or out a window, worked for me.

Cupcake

Sweeter Than Ever
oh dear, hope this gets sorted x