• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Best anti-virus?

Jaii

Does anyone have any suggestions on a antivirus that actually works? I'm just wanting a free one unless someone can provide a free key for avast.

I'm not going with norton, you can fuck yourself if you suggest it, it's literally the most annoying anti-virus ever.

Chill

Avast is the best free Anti-virus, some will say otherwise but i've never had a problem.

Jaii

Chill said:
Avast is the best free Anti-virus, some will say otherwise but i've never had a problem.

I used to have Avast, it eventually expired or some bullshit because it doesn't do its daily popup now and again saying its clean. I totally agree with you as well, I just need to find a free key for it and I'll be able to get it again.

Chill

Jaii said:
I used to have Avast, it eventually expired or some bullshit because it doesn't do its daily popup now and again saying its clean. I totally agree with you as well, I just need to find a free key for it and I'll be able to get it again.
Just sign up with a new email and you'll be done. I never do anything with mine it just keeps updating.

Jaii

Kowai said:
AVG is probably the best free one, but there are ways to get Kaspersky AV for "free". Which is my most favorited, and what I usually install on customers computers, as its non-intrusive, and detects very well.

Could you link me to a secure download please?

Jaii

Kowai said:
Which one are you looking to get?

whichever one you recommend that is free and is great.

Jaii

Kowai said:
Well you could do it this route, get Kaspersky AV, and use a trial resetter every 32 days, which is what I do, and it works just fine. Or just get AVG.

AVG: http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage

I've started a download on it, cheers buddy.

Jaii

gunnar said:
i was gonna say the low/high of what my boss and i used and then realized you want free

All anti virus softwares are technically free, You just have to get a key for them which is the struggle.

gunnar

ForumKorner Supporter!
Jaii said:
All anti virus softwares are technically free, You just have to get a key for them which is the struggle.
jj they aren't free
i end up having to buy them for our customers
they aren't really expensive but they also aren't cheap

Jaii

gunnar said:
jj they aren't free
i end up having to buy them for our customers
they aren't really expensive but they also aren't cheap

But every anti virus that I know and have heard about is free as long as you use a key, and keys cost but you can get them free from somewhere...

gunnar

ForumKorner Supporter!
Jaii said:
But every anti virus that I know and have heard about is free as long as you use a key, and keys cost but you can get them free from somewhere...
one other thing to mention
norton is decent, it's the way most people set it up originally with the "recommended settings" and it constantly tries to update
versus if you set it up using the custom/advanced settings, don't remember the exact phrase on the software, and set it to never check up dates and then you go in every once in a while and do it yourself it works wonderfully and isn't annoying in my experience

Jaii

gunnar said:
one other thing to mention
norton is decent, it's the way most people set it up originally with the "recommended settings" and it constantly tries to update
versus if you set it up using the custom/advanced settings, don't remember the exact phrase on the software, and set it to never check up dates and then you go in every once in a while and do it yourself it works wonderfully and isn't annoying in my experience

I personally hated it because it would come out of no where and go "NORTON HAS FOUND NO THREAT" last time it did that I almost shat myself.

gunnar

ForumKorner Supporter!
Jaii said:
I personally hated it because it would come out of no where and go "NORTON HAS FOUND NO THREAT" last time it did that I almost shat myself.
yeah i've seen that but i don't know how to make the popups go away completely or to only allow popups regarding actual threats to come through 
but anyway good luck in your searvh for a key jj the jet plane

Jaii

gunnar said:
yeah i've seen that but i don't know how to make the popups go away completely or to only allow popups regarding actual threats to come through 
but anyway good luck in your searvh for a key jj the jet plane

Maybe some fat slob will design a decent antivirus.