• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

[Basketball] Kyle Lowry Changes Culture in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myra

User is banned.
Hello! I'm @Lying from FK and I have some news for you!

Kyle Lowry Changes Culture in Toronto??

When the Toronto Raptors came into the NBA in the 1990s, many people wondered how professional basketball would be treated north of the border. It might not seem like Toronto is that much different than other cities in that region, but there are a lot of factors that go into players wanting to actually live outside of the United States. They have found it difficult to hold onto talented players in the past, and that is what makes Kyle Lowry signing a long-term deal such a milestone.
Toronto has seen plenty of talent in the past couple of decades, but everyone seems to be ready to move on to greener pastures in the United States. Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady and Chris Bosh all bolted for other teams when they were finally able to. Lowry received a lot of attention from teams all over the NBA, but ultimately he decided to take the deal with Toronto and help them build up a nice core.
In the playoffs last year, Toronto showed just how much they like and support the Raptors. They are also getting help from recording artist Drake, who is hoping to rebrand the team a bit and make it a cooler destination. Now that free agents have seen that Kyle Lowry is fine with staying in Canada, other fantasy basketball all-stars in the United States might feel a little bit more confident.
As the only team in Canada currently in the NBA, many feel like Toronto is at a severe disadvantage. They have a lot of international players on their roster, and that is done by design so that they do not force players from the United States to make tricky decisions. With Lowry now on the team for the next several seasons, it might be time to start chasing down players who are wanting to win and not really caring where they play their home games during the season.

Wow, I am shocked, I'll have more news for you tomorrow! Other than that, have a great night, and this is FK Sportscast.

Abide

User is banned.
Lying, you should make a Basketball News thread weekly, and include a bunch of news from that week. It would keep everything more organized.

Myra

User is banned.
Abide said:
Lying, you should make a Basketball News thread weekly, and include a bunch of news from that week. It would keep everything more organized.

Gotta talk to staff about that! That's a great idea!

Abide

User is banned.
Lying said:
Gotta talk to staff about that! That's a great idea!

If you need help formatting the thread to look all nice, lmk.

Myra

User is banned.
Abide said:
If you need help formatting the thread to look all nice, lmk.

I'll let you know pronto, thanks dude!

Painkiller

User is banned.
Lying said:
It's gonna be hard summarising and typing it over again because im on mobile. But, I'll try.

Why not just create your own view of a story. This article isn't interesting in the least bit, instead focus on trades and other relevant information. The season hasn't even started yet.

You'd be surprised what can be done on mobile. I did my entire news threads on mobile.

Myra

User is banned.
Never said:
Why not just create your own view of a story. This article isn't interesting in the least bit, instead focus on trades and other relevant information. The season hasn't even started yet.

I'll do that also! Thanks so much dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.