• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Banned from the schools wifi

Bishop

Onyx user!
So earlier this morning I downloaded the "DotVPN" app on my phone and was on the schools wifi. Tried to connect to the VPN and in a matter of like 5 fucking seconds I got disconnected from the schools wifi. I kept trying to connect to it and I couldn't. 5 minutes later I got called down to the office and found out I got banned form the schools wifi for 2 weeks for "firewall violations" and Trying to get through the "security" what the fuck......

God

Your schools IT Department must be very retarded.

PrintLn

Onyx user!
God said:
I disagree. Most schools aren't smart enough to effectively block anything. I'm actually curious where OP is from and what level of school.
meow░w░w▒w▒w▓w▓ said:
how did they know it was you lol
Some schools require users (students, staff) to use credentials that are generated specifically for them.

I briefly Googled "DotVPN" and it says it's free. There is no such thing as free lunch. There is a reason it is free.

Robert22

User is banned.
Vpns just don't connect on my iPad when I'm on the school network.
It sucks lol, once I got banned from logging into the site/email because I jail broke the device

Agony

discord: aguny
God said:
The fact that they tracked his phone down that fast and all I'd say otherwise.

garn

Bishop said:
5 minutes later I got called down to the office

Wow, so they don't have anything better to do than check all day if somebody is trying to log in a VPN. I wouldn't use that network at all - how knows what else they are tracking...

Space Time

User is banned.
garn said:
Wow, so they don't have anything better to do than check all day if somebody is trying to log in a VPN. I wouldn't use that network at all - how knows what else they are tracking...

cas said:
Pay attention in class so you don't have to sell usernames to buy dinner.

Lol garn posted on an old thread and you didn't pay attention which is ironic