• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Attempt to bulk up

User is banned.
I need some comments and tips on how to successfully bulk up or gain some muscle! Please don't hate. :)

Amp

Power member.
I doubt anyone here will be able to give you expert advice.

Continent

User is banned.
Eat foods high in Protein and foods low in fat. Workout at least 5 days a week. High weight plus low reps = bulk, Low weight plus high reps = toning. Eat past your amount of calories your suppose to have a day. Lets say your suppose to have at least 2400 normally. Then you should probably have another 250-300 calories a day. Hope this helps! :)

User is banned.
Would you give advice? Not expert advice just some tips that you have an I don't.

Habs

User is banned.
If you're skinny eat big, train heavy, sleep well.
If you're chubby eat big, train heavy sleep well.
If you're huge eat big, train heavy, sleep well.

How much do you weigh if you're not going to be tracking your macros you won't know if you're hitting them.

Continent

User is banned.
321 said:
Would you give advice? Not expert advice just some tips that you have an I don't.
I'm not sure if I have any real good tips. Just be dedicated, and don't give up. The more you work at it the stronger you will be.

daquan

User is banned.
I've been trying to do this aswell, and i went and got a pullup/chinup bar to put on my doorframe. ive been doing alot every other day and pushups the days when im not using it and my chest, biceps, back and tri's are also getting bigger. i would suggest doing that since im assuming your a starter like me?

Sayer

Definitely recommend a gym mate. Find a friend that's keen and hit it hard together. Other than that it depends on your body type, eating habits and sleep.

Kassie

Onyx user!
Like everyone else has said, eat well, get a lot of sleep, train at a gym. You can take protein as well. :p

Rambo

User is banned.
Basically eat what ever you want and have at least 1.5 grams of protein let pound of bodyweight. Also lift heavy with low reps. That's really the basics.

Gore

User is banned.
Work, and don't stop doing what you are trying to do.. Get bigger. It will hurt, you will want to quit but the hard part is telling your body no. Keep moving, I found that playing pick up basketball is a good workout but it still needs more. Hit the weight room and do some reps what ever you are comfortable at.. The more it burns the better, like I said dont stop. Pushups will also help cut your arms and build muscle, try adding on 5 more pushups a day.. 5 months ago I was doing 20 pushups at a time and struggling, now I am doing 50 like its nothing. If you have something you do a lot, make it fun ad do a rep of push ups everytime i do this when i smoke... It helps youd be suprised.. Typed this on my iphone ggnore

JRGraffix

Go to the gym, and work as hard as possible whenever you're in there. don't overtrain though. Eat more than you usually do, all meals should have 3 things: protein, carbohydrates & fat. drink lots of water

Jack Goff

Onyx user!
You all are idiots, let me sift through this broscience

Continent said:
Eat foods high in Protein and foods low in fat. Workout at least 5 days a week. High weight plus low reps = bulk, Low weight plus high reps = toning. Eat past your amount of calories your suppose to have a day. Lets say your suppose to have at least 2400 normally. Then you should probably have another 250-300 calories a day. Hope this helps! :)

Beginners benefit more from doing a full body split where they workout ~3 times a week.

Reps don't determine if you are bulking or cutting and the word toning is a farce.

Tyrant said:
If you're skinny eat big, train heavy, sleep well.
If you're chubby eat big, train heavy sleep well.
If you're huge eat big, train heavy, sleep well.

How much do you weigh if you're not going to be tracking your macros you won't know if you're hitting them.

If you're chubby or really fat body recomposition is a better route.

Gore said:
Work, and don't stop doing what you are trying to do.. Get bigger. It will hurt, you will want to quit but the hard part is telling your body no. Keep moving, I found that playing pick up basketball is a good workout but it still needs more. Hit the weight room and do some reps what ever you are comfortable at.. The more it burns the better, like I said dont stop. Pushups will also help cut your arms and build muscle, try adding on 5 more pushups a day.. 5 months ago I was doing 20 pushups at a time and struggling, now I am doing 50 like its nothing. If you have something you do a lot, make it fun ad do a rep of push ups everytime i do this when i smoke... It helps youd be suprised.. Typed this on my iphone ggnore

Push ups are a shit exercise. He should be doing compound exercises i.e. bench press. They don't cut your arms either, you can't spot reduce fat - not to mention they are a chest exercise and only slightly work your shoulders/triceps. Your biceps aren't hit at all.

JRGraffix said:
Go to the gym, and work as hard as possible whenever you're in there. don't overtrain though. Eat more than you usually do, all meals should have 3 things: protein, carbohydrates & fat. drink lots of water

Pretty sure every meal contains these 3 essential macronutrients

Habs

User is banned.
Jack Goff said:
You all are idiots, let me sift through this broscience

Beginners benefit more from doing a full body split where they workout ~3 times a week.

Reps don't determine if you are bulking or cutting and the word toning is a farce.

If you're chubby or really fat body recomposition is a better route.

Push ups are a shit exercise. He should be doing compound exercises i.e. bench press. They don't cut your arms either, you can't spot reduce fat - not to mention they are a chest exercise and only slightly work your shoulders/triceps. Your biceps aren't hit at all.

Bro science you actually listen to him?
He is small as fuck.

Zeus

masterbate, really bulks up one arm so choose wisely

Tyrant said:
Bro science you actually listen to him?
He is small as fuck.

weight room! #NoGains kids small af ol skronny boi

Habs

User is banned.
Fuaaaaaaark Zyzz life or no life.

lol fuck 3x a week full body workouts, unless you have never stepped in a weight room that's not for you.

JRGraffix

Jack Goff said:

Pretty sure 1g of protein, fat and carbs are much less than 25g protein, 20g carbs and 15g of fat. you're an idiot