• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Astro A40 Headsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

What's the difference between the mix amps?

4e7adfeca1ce064e1e7814c601c3c703.png

Therapy

Peace and Serenity.
The one on the left is something more useful in my opinion. I have recently got the Pro TR edition and love it. You can have 4 options on sound: Bass, common, astro, and tournament ready (where TR comes from). And two controls, volume for 00-100 and a game/voice option for if you want more game volume than voice, and vice versa. +An option for surround sound.

The headset on the right is just like the Xbox One mic converter, it has to options for volume and game I assume. Never have used that headset.

Chill

Therapy said:
The one on the left is something more useful in my opinion. I have recently got the Pro TR edition and love it. You can have 4 options on sound: Bass, common, astro, and tournament ready (where TR comes from). +An option for surround sound.

The headset on the right is just like the Xbox One mic converter, it has to options for volume and game I assume. Never have used that headset.
So the Mixamp Pro pretty much has settings for playing normal and tryharding?

Like I know with the trittons I had they had so much Bass and it was hard to hear footsteps, will this mean that I can tune in to that or? Like turn treble up?

Therapy

Peace and Serenity.
Chill said:
So the Mixamp Pro pretty much has settings for playing normal and tryharding?

Like I know with the trittons I had they had so much Bass and it was hard to hear footsteps, will this mean that I can tune in to that or? Like turn treble up?

I suppose. The astro mixamp, not sure if the little Mic Converter has it also, has an actual app where you can fine tune every single option to your liking. I have played BO3 and BO1 using this mixamp and hear footsteps perfectly fine, as long as they were not using dead silence or whatever it is called now.

Also to add, the Mic Converter one has the piece at the bottom of the controller that is very large and bulky. @Tequila got it and returned it after not liking it.

Chill

Therapy said:
I suppose. The astro mixamp, not sure if the little Mic Converter has it also, has an actual app where you can fine tune every single option to your liking. I have played BO3 and BO1 using this mixamp and hear footsteps perfectly fine, as long as they were not using dead silence or whatever it is called now.
How is the app accessed?

I need to know cause I play comp :D

Therapy

Peace and Serenity.

Chill

Therapy said:
You can use it when you get the Mixamp on any Computer/laptop I believe.

Interface: http://prntscr.com/bru3yv
It looks messy on my computer because of something I don't care to fix. But it has those options if you care enough about finetuning everything.

Here is the link to the app download btw. https://www.astrogaming.com/software/software.html

Thanks, I'll most likely be buying one in the upcoming weeks.

Can't wait to try it out, sounds awesome already. Thanks for the info Therapy!

Therapy

Peace and Serenity.
Chill said:
Thanks, I'll most likely be buying one in the upcoming weeks.

Can't wait to try it out, sounds awesome already. Thanks for the info Therapy!

I am new to astro's so if you want a professional youngin' to help you out, hit up @Tequila

Therapy

Peace and Serenity.

Zack

User is banned.
Chill said:
What's the difference between the mix amps?

4e7adfeca1ce064e1e7814c601c3c703.png
The left is way better that's what I have and mine have been perfect going on 4 years now

gunnar

ForumKorner Supporter!
i've got the a40's with the mixamp pro and i love it
i change the sound levels up when i'm doing different things like playing, talking in parties, watching movies and listening to music 
it works perfectly
sometimes i even just plug speakers into the mixamp
definitely would recommend
had mine 3 years now with no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.