• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Anything I can do?

Right so my lil bro got one of his RS acc's hacked. The guy got into the email and got the acc registered on his(hacker's) email.

I haven't really played RS in a while, so I'm not sure what to do...I'm not entirely sure of how he got the acc's either. I got the email now and was able to get on an account for a minute...but he has it back now.

bf52918cbbe896045f586debed569ea0.png

I'm going to assume that's hidden behind some vpn or proxy or something? But anything anyone could do to help would be awesome. Sorry if this is kinda a bad explanation, I only know what my little bro just told me.

Try to recover it again, because every time you do it becomes more difficult for anyone other than the original owner to recover it.

I've tried to a few times...how do you get to the recovering page? I get the option to enter an email with "6 tries" then after that it says try again later...I don't get a chance to enter recovs and other stuff. And when I look around I get a "top 10 questions asked" or whatever. So ya, further help would be nice :D.

Gengar_mybb_import19743

IP isn't on a VPN it doesn't look like, make a post in the "I've been hijacked" thread on the RS forums or email jagex about the account. Recover the account and post at the "More info" section and tell them th situation and that you no longer have access to the email.

Here's some helpful threads- http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?250,251
And here's the recovery screen- http://www.runescape.com/loginapplet/loginapplet.ws?mod=accountappeal&dest=beginappeal.ws
The hackers info-
IP 72.204.138.208
IP country code: US
IP address country: United States
IP address state: Louisiana
IP address city: Gretna
IP postcode: 70056
IP address latitude: 29.8874
IP address longitude: -90.0261
ISP of this IP [?]: Cox Communications
Organization: Cox Communications
Host of this IP: [?]: ip72-204-138-208.no.no.cox.net [Whois] [Trace]
Local time in United States: 2012-09-01 19:11

Cubs said:
I've tried to a few times...how do you get to the recovering page? I get the option to enter an email with "6 tries" then after that it says try again later...I don't get a chance to enter recovs and other stuff. And when I look around I get a "top 10 questions asked" or whatever. So ya, further help would be nice :D.

what Gengar said, you have to contact Jamflex

Techno

User is banned.
You e-mail runescape saying a hacker got in and etc. They will then remove the e-mail currently linked to it and you'll will be able to do a regular recovery.

Alright, posted on a thread where you say you got hacked and stuff. Thanks for that Gengar! Hopefully it works, even though my lil bro's a huge brat, I hate having my stuff hacked >.>.

Thanks for your help guys I'll see what happens :).

Ben Hartley

Isnt a vpn or sock5 because host name will most likely be blank.

Probably a RDP

Any chance it could be his actual IP? :D

Montoya-Valdez

Onyx user!
Just fix that the e-mail gets restored what your doin right now.

So what you got his ip, not like its any use. Dont focus on that, just move on, and pray to God he will fix your retarded brother. Thats the only problem that's still not fixed atm probably.

haha ya, I'm not going to do anything with his IP. I don't think it was my brother's fault actually, they were registered on my cousins email, which is how I think he got the accounts. But ya, I've sent a request and hopefully Jagex responds soon and we can get the account back.