• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Anyone uses Linux?

NEC

I tried Ubuntu, but I'm too fond of some of my Windows software (and WINE was a pain in the ass), so I installed Windows XP right back.

Maybe I'll get Ubuntu on a second computer.

So... do you use Linux?

OliverE

Power member.
Nah never.

Only ever used windows and mac.

Whats Linux like?

SGT.Code

uh when im at my moms i sometimes do caus i installed linux ubuntu over windows caus she had a problem with her laptop bla bla bla ... and she loves linux especialy the console lol but i too am to used to windows

SGT.Code

yer i had that on my old laptop but never realy used it much :/

NEC

BleepyEvans said:
Whats Linux like?

It's... different. I don't know how to describe it, you'll have to try it yourself (or google a couple of screenshots).

But like deadlycode, I'm too used to Windows. So I switched back.

I'll open a topic later with more info about Linux.

Regolith

i only like ubuntu in the matters of the speed, the startup and shutdown is better than any windows version
but in matters of applications still windows rocks
and windows is more user-friendly than linux

SGT.Code

yes windows is easyer to use if you are used to it BUT if you have never used windows and allways used linux it would be the other way around and windows would be the hardest to use if you know what i mean

Factor8™

I use Linux with a virtual machine. I like it. But it's not my main OS.

Any hacker or coder should use it though, it's much more adapted to that type of person.

Epic Coder

I've got BT4 (Back Track) on 1 of my Virtual OS'es, it is nice but i like W7 more.

Eb0y

I occasionaly use Linux. Not all the time though :).

Eb0y

SGT.Code

yer i used to have duel boot but i deleted linux caus i hardly used it caus win7 suits my needs better and also ther are not very meny games/programes that are directly useable on linux so you have to use other programes to make them work and its all such a faf

Factor8™

To me, unless you have a special situation, it's not worth the time and HD space.

Charles

HDD space doesn't really matter to me because it takes 20/1000 gigs on my desktop

Factor8™

1TB hard drives are not expensive, about $80 USD. But there is a reason. 1TB HDDs are extremely unreliable and they break within two-years. DO NOT buy one.

Instead, buy two 500GB HDDs and use the Slave and Master ribbon cables to fit them.

SGT.Code

ok kl i allready have a 500GB but i need a new power pack first :(

anyway please revert back to topic.