• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Answering Genesis

Danger Close

Onyx user!
You're saying that I don't comprehend, but apparently you can't.

Oh, I can. I'm just worried you can't.

On the seventh day he was done with ALL of his work.

I know he rested the 7th day. But he didn't give mankind life, till later on. How hard is that to comprehend?

Are you seriously that stupid?

Church, where does it say that in the Bible though. I think you're an Atheist because you're an arrogant kid that wants to rebel agaisnt everyone and sees that he's wrong. Therefore shutting you're eyes towards the truth.

P.S. You want to do this on mic? If not, don't reply back. Cause, I'm wasting so much time on you.

Buddy_mybb_import10515

Miss Hannah Minx said:
I know he rested the 7th day. But he didn't give mankind life, till later on. How hard is that to comprehend?

1. Being or representing the entire or total number, amount, or quantity: All the windows are open. Deal all the cards. See Synonyms at whole.
2. Constituting, being, or representing the total extent or the whole: all Christendom.
3. Being the utmost possible of: argued the case in all seriousness.
4. Every: got into all manner of trouble.
5. Any whatsoever: beyond all doubt.
6. Pennsylvania Finished; used up: The apples are all. See Regional Note at gum band.
7. Informal Being more than one: Who all came to the party? See Regional Note at you-all.
n.
The whole of one's fortune, resources, or energy; everything one has: The brave defenders gave their all.
pron.
1. The entire or total number, amount, or quantity; totality: All of us are sick. All that I have is yours.
2. Everyone; everything: justice for all.
adv.
1. Wholly; completely: a room painted all white; directions that were all wrong.
2. Each; apiece: a score of five all.
Pick up a dictionary brawski,
It says multiple times in the bible, in multiple books, and in multiple verses that he finished ALL OF HIS WORK before the seventh day. I don't know how they do things in fantasy land, but here in the real world all means all.

That doesn't do it for you?
You were right in believing that God created man on the sixth day. God ceased from all work on the seventh day, because He had finished the act of creating. He didn't "rest" because he was tired!

Note the order given early in Genesis...

Genesis 1:23 — Day 5 ends.
Genesis 1:24-2:1 — Day 6 events then the end of day 6.
Genesis 2:2-3 — Day 7, no work!

Genesis 1:23-2:3 And there was evening, and there was morning--the fifth day. 24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." 27 So God created man in his own image,in the image of God he created him;male and female he created them. 28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground." 29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground--everything that has the breath of life in it--I give every green plant for food." And it was so. 31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning--the sixth day. 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array. 2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done. (NIV)

Genesis 2:4 and on, is a recount of the events already stated providing more detail with a specific purpose. It should be noted that the first part of the book of Genesis is in a Hebrew poetical form [which we kind of miss in English]. Even as a writer now might go back to give more details after a summary, so too Moses did in this section of Genesis.

Genesis 2:4-7 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created. When the LORD God made the earth and the heavens-- 5 and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no man to work the ground, 6 but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground-- 7 the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. (NIV)

Read Genesis 2:4 again and you will see that it is the introduction of an extra details section, the entire section where man's special position and creation is detailed. As such it had no need to go back and recount details given at the beginning. Rather, Genesis 2:7 provides clarifying detail to Genesis 1:26-27 and the following verses provide details to Eve's creation and their fall into sin.

Some have tried to discredit the start of Genesis because it's in a poetical form, claiming it to be "just a poem" and not history. In fact, many cultures in the world use poems to encompass and express their history. The style of the writing in no way takes away from the integrity of the contents. In fact, remembering a poem [as too with music] is a lot easier than other forms of writing. Perhaps the importance of understanding and remembering this entire section of Scripture [a foundation of everything else, including man's fall into sin and the need of redemption] is the very reason it was done in poetical form.

Other supporting passages of the Bible, showing that God was done by the seventh day, include...

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. (NIV)

Exodus 31:17 It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested.'" (NIV)

Hebrews 4:3b-5 And yet His work has been finished since the creation of the world. 4 For somewhere He has spoken about the seventh day in these words: "And on the seventh day God rested from all His work." (NIV)
I never thought people as dumb as you existed, but I guess I was wrong.

The part that you keep quoting is a POEM used as an intro to the bible.
Like most books start with a quote or poem, so does the bible.

Danger Close

Onyx user!
Pick up a dictionary brawski,
It says multiple times in the bible, in multiple books, and in multiple verses that he finished ALL OF HIS WORK before the seventh day. I don't know how they do things in fantasy land, but here in the real world all means all.

That doesn't do it for you?

Quit trying to think you're smart by posting other peoples work. Yes, it does say he finished his work. But where does it SAY that HUMAN breath took place? AFTER THE 7th DAY!

Hah, how's community college?

People take it differently. Like the first time you took anal.

But that's not the case, people think of it metaphorically also. Adam meaning Earth, and Eve meaning source of life.

The Bible has proved itself to me. That is why I left the humanist religion of Atheism.

Now, do you have a mic or not? Cause, this is boring me. Quoting you over and over again.

Road Kamelot said:
Jesus Christ you are a fucking retard.

I'm really interested in your conclusion about my intelligence off of one post I have made. Maybe I've obfuscated my post consistency a little to have someone like you criticize my opinion, of which I never asked you for.

But really if I'm a retard by all means don't hesitate to try and prove it.

EDIT: Aw, don't delete it. Show you're true colors.

Jorim™

Onyx user!
Miss Hannah Minx said:
Quit trying to think you're smart by posting other peoples work. Yes, it does say he finished his work. But where does it SAY that HUMAN breath took place? AFTER THE 7th DAY!

Hah, how's community college?

People take it differently. Like the first time you took anal.

But that's not the case, people think of it metaphorically also. Adam meaning Earth, and Eve meaning source of life.

The Bible has proved itself to me. That is why I left the humanist religion of Atheism.

Now, do you have a mic or not? Cause, this is boring me. Quoting you over and over again.

Road Kamelot said:
Jesus Christ you are a fucking retard.

I'm really interested in your conclusion about my intelligence off of one post I have made. Maybe I've obfuscated my post consistency a little to have someone like you criticize my opinion, of which I never asked you for.

But really if I'm a retard by all means don't hesitate to try and prove it.

EDIT: Aw, don't delete it. Show you're true colors.

Okay i'm just gonna say this here.
You are basing all of your "Information" on a book that you don't even know if it's real.
I must say that's sticking to faith, but nothing you can prove. All of Roads facts he stated are PROVEN. The bible you read it and can't say that's how i prove it.
I mean yes it's there, but you have no proof if anything you are saying is true.

Danger Close

Onyx user!
You are basing all of your "Information" on a book that you don't even know if it's real.
I must say that's sticking to faith, but nothing you can prove. All of Roads facts he stated are PROVEN. The bible you read it and can't say that's how i prove it.
I mean yes it's there, but you have no proof if anything you are saying is true.

What's proven? We never got to that.

The Bible has proved itself in the years. Scientific facts and it's prophecies.

Buddy_mybb_import10515

Jørїm™ said:

Well, both of our arguments wee based on the bible so neither can be proven, or else it wouldn't be a debate.

I was using evidence that is taught be most churches and is generally agreed upon.
He, however, spent most of the argument using his own interpretation and dismissing all of the evidence.

You can't really argue with a christian about Christianity though because their side will always be biased by personal belief.

Danger Close

Onyx user!
Road Kamelot said:
Well, both of our arguments wee based on the bible so neither can be proven, or else it wouldn't be a debate.

I was using evidence that is taught be most churches and is generally agreed upon.
He, however, spent most of the argument using his own interpretation and dismissing all of the evidence.

You can't really argue with a christian about Christianity though because their side will always be biased by personal belief.

What evidence? When you said that dinosaurs walked the Earth long before humans? I then told you, human breath of life didn't take up until AFTER the 7th day. You then put up a bunch of crap stating he created mankind in own image. But it was stated, AFTER the 7th day. Besides, I don't even go to church. I can't even argue with you, without you cussing and getting mad, then ignoring the whole night until someone responded, so you could come back.

EDIT: I can't wait for you're next reply :D

Buddy_mybb_import10515

You do realize that the point of all of those quotes were that they were what you learn in church and school right?

If you went to church you would know that God created man on the 6th day. How do I know? Because I was baptized by the Catholic Church and they teach that. Even after I moved to Colorado and started going to a baptist and then a nondenominational church I still learned the exact same thing.

The thing about quoting people that know what they're talking about, is that they know what they're talking about, but apparently you know more than people who study the bible for decades.

Danger Close

Onyx user!
Road Kamelot said:
You do realize that the point of all of those quotes were that they were what you learn in church and school right?

If you went to church you would know that God created man on the 6th day. How do I know? Because I was baptized by the Catholic Church and they teach that. Even after I moved to Colorado and started going to a baptist and then a nondenominational church I still learned the exact same thing.

The thing about quoting people that know what they're talking about, is that they know what they're talking about.

Thing is though. I was also baptized as a Roman Catholic, but I always went to a public school. Through public schooling, I always thought (pfft.. God? Seriously? You're a moron.) It was last year when I was handed a Bible in school. Oh, I know what you're going to say (PUBLIC SCHOOLS ALLOW IT TOO). Actually, they teach the humanistic approach of evolution. We are also told by our teachers that Adam and Eve didn't live. But I then took that Bible and read it every lunch hour. I put everything together and I became a Christian.

Buddy_mybb_import10515

Very... .very touching story.
I honestly don't care.

Just because you are too insecure to be atheist doesn't mean you know more about the bible than someone who joins the church and is there to teach it, or more than someone who studies the bible for years and maybe decades to understand and teach about it.

Danger Close

Onyx user!
Road Kamelot said:
Very... .very touching story.
I honestly don't care.

Just because you are too insecure to be atheist doesn't mean you know more about the bible than someone who joins the church and is there to teach it, or more than someone who studies the bible for years and maybe decades to understand and teach about it.

Now this is why you continue to play Yu-Gi-Oh :(

I was not at all insecure, I never am. I'm not saying who I am, or what I can do. All I can say is the facts out of it, if you don't like it. Then that's you're problem.

Danger Close

Onyx user!
Road Kamelot said:
The facts according to who?
Someone that found god a year ago?

Everyone of-course.

Buddy_mybb_import10515

If it was according to everyone I wouldn't have quoted people that say the opposite of what you say and I wouldn't have learned the opposite of what you say.

Danger Close

Onyx user!
Road Kamelot said:
If it was according to everyone I wouldn't have quoted people that say the opposite of what you say and I wouldn't have learned the opposite of what you say.

That's cause you didn't let me finish 8)