• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Acer Aspire V5 - I'm so confused!

LethalTVM

Hey,

I have a fairly new Acer Aspire V5 552 that I bought as the little netbook work lets me use was too small for my liking.

After owning it for around six months, I took the panels off tonight to give it a little clean and to remove any dust and forign object, i noticed there was only one ram slot, and inserted was a 4GB stick of ram.

Yet on the box for the PC, the website specs and even the computer information page (shown below..), it shows 8GB.. How is this even possible?

1858aeb9e39d98b72f5610db66bb8644.png

I'm so confused right now.

Chthonic

Onyx user!
LethalTVM said:
Hey,

I have a fairly new Acer Aspire V5 552 that I bought as the little netbook work lets me use was too small for my liking.

After owning it for around six months, I took the panels off tonight to give it a little clean and to remove any dust and forign object, i noticed there was only one ram slot, and inserted was a 4GB stick of ram.

Yet on the box for the PC, the website specs and even the computer information page (shown below..), it shows 8GB.. How is this even possible?

1858aeb9e39d98b72f5610db66bb8644.png

I'm so confused right now.
A netbook with 8GB of RAM? I honestly don't find that possible. Also 64 bit? Don't most netbooks have Atom processors? all of my wat.

I have not owned a netbook(and never will) and this is pretty weird. Try taking out the RAM stick and putting it back on? I honestly don't know, just try that.