• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

700k players removed from RS high scores

Bonnie Lass

High scores just went from 2 mil players to less than 1.3 mil players.

That's the single biggest sweep I've seen in many years of playing.
That's just p2p in the top 2 mil, so if you include f2p and non ranked members it maybe over 1 mil players gone.

Pretty obvious what's going on, but feel free to discuss anyway.

tu y tu mama

Onyx user!
Holy fuck. I've to check all my accounts, hopefully none of them are gone. Thanks for informing.

Terrio

User is banned.
Kids are spamming the GE now trying to buy all the botted skill items
Like kids are buying up all the frost dragon bones etc waiting for them to raise from this mass ban

Since 700k accounts Loads of them must have been frost Dragon bots

I might do a little but yea I dont like crashing the market to much =P

Bonnie Lass

SD8Z said:
Holy f*ck. I've to check all my accounts, hopefully none of them are gone. Thanks for informing.

Np, I don't want to make anyone panic, and tbh I haven't heard anything about this in runescape or on any other forums.

It's just that I noticed when I was messing around on high scores and thought I'd post here to give a heads up. I'm kind of hoping someone here might have some more info about this.

Nick said:
Like kids are buying up all the frost dragon bones etc waiting for them to raise from this mass ban

Yeah frost drags and lots of other skilling items, My rank gains for the last 24 hrs (i haven't logged in much in that time) tells exactly what you'd expect.

Gained thousands of hunter ranks, thousands of fish ranks, heaps of attack ranks, quite a few mining, woodcut and runecraft ranks. To me it spells out exactly what the economy is going to do.

tu y tu mama

Onyx user!
Bonnie Lass said:
SD8Z said:
Holy f*ck. I've to check all my accounts, hopefully none of them are gone. Thanks for informing.

Np, I don't want to make anyone panic, and tbh I haven't heard anything about this in runescape or on any other forums.

It's just that I noticed when I was messing around on high scores and thought I'd post here to give a heads up. I'm kind of hoping someone here might have some more info about this.

Nick said:

Yeah frost drags and lots of other skilling items, My rank gains for the last 24 hrs (i haven't logged in much in that time) tells exactly what you'd expect.

Gained thousands of hunter ranks, thousands of fish ranks, heaps of attack ranks, quite a few mining, woodcut and runecraft ranks. To me it spells out exactly what the economy is going to do.

Alright, I just checked the 4 accounts I can remember and that I care about, none of them are banned. Thanks for informing.
If it's not on the RS site, where did you read it?

Bonnie Lass

----------------------------------------------
^
I was just messing around looking at high scores and noticed the lowest rank player was ranked around 1.2 mil, the day before the lowest ranked player was almost rank 2 mil. I was kinda stunned at first and thought nah that can't be right. I then checked to see if I gained any ranks and yep gained 1000's of ranks in pretty much all skills. That was all I needed to confirm a mass banning.

Skiller

Bonnie Lass said:
----------------------------------------------
^
I was just messing around looking at high scores and noticed the lowest rank player was ranked around 1.2 mil, the day before the lowest ranked player was almost rank 2 mil. I was kinda stunned at first and thought nah that can't be right. I then checked to see if I gained any ranks and yep gained 1000's of ranks in pretty much all skills. That was all I needed to confirm a mass banning.

Or the highscores screwed up again?

Terrio

User is banned.
Yea what skiller said Ive seen the highscores screw up allot of times
I was on powerbot and people all say thye didnt get banned so yea I think its just the HS messing up

I also survived the "banwave" ;3

Bonnie Lass

I have only heard of a couple of f2p players who have been banned since I last posted. I don't think the high scores are messed up since there seems to be no complaints on forums like "hey wtf I'm not high scores anymore". I'm hearing speculation that Jagex just cleaned out all inactive accounts but there is no confirmation from a jmod about that.

I dunno if 700k-800k inactive accounts is likely (that seems like allot, almost half of p2p). The last time the high scores was cleaned was in June. But if that's the case then they are losing 1 mil p2p players a month.

Anyway as I said previously my intentions weren't to cause panic, just give a heads up that something was out of the ordinary. It was a good chance to cash in on the situation, love the panic at the GE, I've made more cash yesterday than I've made in the last 6 months :)

The Agonist

Onyx user!
Bonnie Lass said:
I have only heard of a couple of f2p players who have been banned since I last posted. I don't think the high scores are messed up since there seems to be no complaints on forums like "hey wtf I'm not high scores anymore". I'm hearing speculation that Jagex just cleaned out all inactive accounts but there is no confirmation from a jmod about that.

I dunno if 700k-800k inactive accounts is likely (that seems like allot, almost half of p2p). The last time the high scores was cleaned was in June. But if that's the case then they are losing 1 mil p2p players a month.

Anyway as I said previously my intentions weren't to cause panic, just give a heads up that something was out of the ordinary. It was a good chance to cash in on the situation, love the panic at the GE, I've made more cash yesterday than I've made in the last 6 months :)

What exactly is everyone buying at GE? I'm confused on what you guys mean :3

Bonnie Lass

The Agonist said:
Bonnie Lass said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to horde items, it's no good buying them now. Edit: err I mean I wouldn't recommend buying now.

I did well from these, Spirit graahk pouches, Goat horn dust, Wolf bones, and Astral runes.

Sure you need lots of 'em but even 1 mil astrals with 35 gp profit each is nice. Tbh I'm not doing so well with herbs, but nvrmind I'll sit tight and sell when the time is right.

Not everything is predictable but if you spread your items over a few different skills and be patient good things will come.

Terrio

User is banned.
I believe the one thing that will rise no mater what is Rocktail and shark
Kids bot the shit outa it and Every PvP kid uses them so yea Its a no brainer to get them

And also summoning pouches etc like you said its definitally worth it
Also Herbs drop way to much I would not spend time on them at all

Bonnie Lass

Nick said:
I believe the one thing that will rise no mater what is Rocktail and shark
Kids bot the shit outa it and Every PvP kid uses them so yea Its a no brainer to get them

And also summoning pouches etc like you said its definitally worth it
Also Herbs drop way to much I would not spend time on them at all

Rocktails will rise even if there is no bot nuke, but it might take a while. I don't like to make recommendations for the sole reason that I make mistakes, and sometimes very costly ones. I 100% agree with you Nick and tbh I'm kind of counting on fish/pouches going up.

I'm not relying on any bot nuke, evolution of combat means rocktails heal more than brews. I'm pretty confident anyone sitting on rocktails will do very well in the near future.

Pichu

Onyx user!
Fuck,trying my account now,will post again.

EDIT:I'm safe ;)