• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

★PSP Phone?★

.sLeepyK0z..

I think this belongs in PS3 Section not just the PSP section. This is some big news and I'm sure any PS fan would like to know about it.

Story:
There are few constants in this life. Death. Taxes. Every Depeche Mode album will sound the same as the last one. And rumors that Sony is working on a PlayStation-branded phone. A recent story on Engagdet sparked the rumor mill back to life yet again, reporting that Sony Ericsson was in the late stages of a PlayStation Portable-style phone that focuses on gaming by using Google's Android mobile operating system. The so-called PSP phone would use a slide-out design like the PSPgo and look not entirely unlike the new Samsung Captivate.

In comparison to other spins on this story, this version is certainly not the wildest. And so we hashed out the probability of this being yet another dead end... or perhaps the first real sign of the elusive, Sasquatch-like PlayStation phone. particularly the fact that the device would be PlayStation branded, it would have to be a fairly high-end device, but Sony Ericsson is more geared toward affordable, mass market products. Cramming a largely new mobile gaming platform into a fully featured smartphone would be pretty costly.

My thoughts, I think it would be alright to have a PSP phone but not a big deal if they don't make it. But again pretty nice if they did do it.

Full Story And Interview In the Spoiler: