• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

What is the function of protein in our body?

phurpa9

I have seen that many people eating proteins but I really dont know the function of proteins in our body. Can anyone tell me in detalis?

khare1005

proteins are the building blocks of our body and are complex molecules that are difficult to break down.they provide more energy on break down.proteins are more needed for people who are engaged in building up there body muscles.

jayter2010

phurpa9 said:
I have seen that many people eating proteins but I really dont know the function of proteins in our body. Can anyone tell me in detalis?

Protein is beneficial in regulating the many basic functions of the body. It contains hormones and antibodies which are very important in the proper functioning of the human body.:Woot:

tanaselan

Protein has a main function on human body by building human's cells and tissues . Protein also gives a small percentage of energy in our body .Most of the cell make use of protein to get energy and manipulate themselves in our body.

abomb987

Proteins play a major role in ensuring your health well being. There are innumerable functions of proteins in the body. Well, the primary functions of proteins include building and repairing of body tissues, regulation of body processes and formation of enzymes and hormones. Read further to explore information about protein role in health…

Proteins aid in the formation of antibodies that enable the body to fight infection. Proteins serve as a major energy supplier. There are distinctive kinds of proteins, each performing a unique function in the body. Proteins form a major part of your body, next to water.

The composition of proteins in the body is like that muscle contains about 1/3 protein, bone about 1/5 part and skin consists of 1/10 portion. The rest part of proteins is in the other body tissues and fluids. Even blood contains loads of proteins. In fact the hemoglobin molecule is nothing but proteins.

Our body requires proteins for the purpose of maintenance and healthy growth. The need for consuming proteins is especially more for infants, young children, pregnant women and recovering patients. There is a constant breakdown of proteins in the body and this explains the reason why we need to consume proteins on a regular daily basis. It becomes of prime importance to ensure that you have your daily-recommended protein intake, so as to improve your health fitness.

sommerlive

Protein is broken down to produce nutrients and energy for your body,that energy is then used for every day tasks.Some proteins are involved in structural support, while others are involved in bodily movement, or in defense against germs

proteins serve a major structural role in tissues such as muscle and skin and even provide the matrix for bones and teeth.it is also essential for the immune system to defend against foreign invaders such as bacteria and viruses.

proteins serve a major structural role in tissues such as muscle and skin and even provide the matrix for bones and teeth.it is also essential for the immune system to defend against foreign invaders such as bacteria and viruses.

malditaka09

Protein is one of the most important components of every cell present in the body.A complex,high-molecular-weight organic compound,it has an unsurpassed content of amino acids.

rudeloin121

phurpa9 said:

Hmm well proteins are very essential thing for body... it helps to make your nails hairs skin healthy .. and also in increasing of your muscles size protein are helpful

Like Fish , eggs, and dry fruits and chicken yogurt are full of proteins even eating vegetables are also healthy but these are not full of protines..

ehsanji

Have you gone through a molecular structure of protein? Everywhere you see a protein, it is constructing shapes, hence providing strength to other molecules. It means that molecules of protein construct structures.

So all the muscles and supporting tissues in our bodies are made up of protein.

Proteins are essential constituents of living cells; consist of polymers of amino acids; essential in the diet of animals for growth and for repair of tissues; can be obtained from meat and eggs and milk and legumes.