• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Summer School...

Aurora

User is banned.
Well my school is putting me in summer school for Spanish because I failed. What is it like? I hope it isn't as bad as I think. Studied my ass off for the exam but got a 57 ):

The main reason I am upset about this is because I have to miss a trip to Florida for it ): This fucking sucks.

Any tips? What is it like? Is it really boring/going to ruin my summer? It's only a month of it..

Color

1. Spanish probably isn't required for you to graduate, I'd blow it off for Florida.
2. They can't make you go to summer school.
3. We don't go to your school, how the hell are we going to know what your school is like? Summer school can vary a ton, you'll probably only have 3-4 weeks, and it's pretty easy from my experience. It's much more lenient than regular school (breaks to go outside, no tests, movies, etc.).

Fresh

Power member.
I don't think that it is mandatory to graduate. I got to a school where most people take three year's of a language. They shouldn't be aloud to put you in summer school. I would check on that cause that really suck's, Like it won't be fun.

Alex

Power member.
One foreign Language is required to go to a 4 year college. Attend summer school you'll thank me later.

Aurora

User is banned.
No in Ohio where I live, you are required to take two consecutive years of a foreign language to graduate high school.

@"Color" What do you mean they can't make me? I can't go on to Spanish II then..

Summon

User is banned.
Personally I would just go to summer school and get it done. Spanish isn't "mandatory" to graduate, at least not in Texas, but it definitely is if you plan on going to college.

Color

Aurora said:
No in Ohio where I live, you are required to take two consecutive years of a foreign language to graduate high school.

@"Color" What do you mean they can't make me? I can't go on to Spanish II then..

Refer to point.3.
Like I said, we don't go to your school, so there's no way of knowing your policies. I wasn't required to take any foreign language through high school, although I took German 1, and failed 2.

Kill

User is banned.
I went to summer school my freshman year for World History and it actually wasn't that bad. The classes are long as shit but the material is really easy.