• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Math Help

Gor

Washed IG Plug
Okay so in math were doing some shit idek. It's like graphing binomials by factoring them.

So could anyone teach me how to factor a equation into a like y=(_+x)(_-x) form.

And maybe teach me a little about parabolas and shit. I need to know how to find the x intercepts without a graph and all this shit I don't get.

Phormick

User is banned.
Are you talking about how to find the roots of a Quadratic Equation?? lol.

Formula looks like:

y= (x2+5)(x-5)

Gor

Washed IG Plug
Malzahar said:
Are you talking about how to find the roots of a Quadratic Equation?? lol.

Formula looks like:

y= (x2+5)(x-5)

Yea I need to know how to do that lmao.
I know it's Product and Sum of it but it's confusing.

And I need to be able to graph it with Prabola or something

Phormick

User is banned.
Use the discriminant of the quadratic polynomial to find the number of (real) roots.

The quadratic functions are generally in the form f(x)=Ax2+Bx+C. The zeroes of this function is then the solution to the equation Ax2+Bx+C=0.(where A≠0)
Hence we try to solve this equation.

If you try to solve the equation (just like you'd solve a linear equation), you'd run into trouble when you realize that the xs can't be as easily isolated like in the case with linear equations. So we use a different approach, what is called the "completion of squares".

If you are familiar with the method of "completing the squares" (and it isn't very difficult,) you'd know that our goal is to somehow "arrange" the equation in the form (linear binomial)2+constant term. When you arrange the equation in this way, isolating the xs is very easy. I'll not show you the entire process of completing the square for our given function but I presume that you are somewhat familiar with it (if not, I suggest you look it up on the internet).

The end result of our method will yield a very familiar expression, what we are used to calling as the "quadratic formula". You should end up with something like this:
x=−B2⋅A± √(B2−4⋅A⋅C)/√2⋅A
where A, B and C are the coeffients of our function f(x).

Gor

Washed IG Plug
Malzahar said:
Use the discriminant of the quadratic polynomial to find the number of (real) roots.

The quadratic functions are generally in the form f(x)=Ax2+Bx+C. The zeroes of this function is then the solution to the equation Ax2+Bx+C=0.(where A≠0)
Hence we try to solve this equation.

If you try to solve the equation (just like you'd solve a linear equation), you'd run into trouble when you realize that the xs can't be as easily isolated like in the case with linear equations. So we use a different approach, what is called the "completion of squares".

If you are familiar with the method of "completing the squares" (and it isn't very difficult,) you'd know that our goal is to somehow "arrange" the equation in the form (linear binomial)2+constant term. When you arrange the equation in this way, isolating the xs is very easy. I'll not show you the entire process of completing the square for our given function but I presume that you are somewhat familiar with it (if not, I suggest you look it up on the internet).

The end result of our method will yield a very familiar expression, what we are used to calling as the "quadratic formula". You should end up with something like this:
x=−B2⋅A± √(B2−4⋅A⋅C)/√2⋅A
where A, B and C are the coeffients of our function f(x).

Thanks but that still makes absolutely no sence to me lmao

@Malzahar
My homework I need help with;
http://gyazo.com/6479417b92c0b7beaef4284d9e95e332

Profanity

User is banned.
GOR said:
Thanks but that still makes absolutely no sence to me lmao

@Malzahar
My homework I need help with;
http://gyazo.com/6479417b92c0b7beaef4284d9e95e332

LOL! I had this exact sheet of paper in my class. Passed that class with a 87.
Let me try to find this shit real quick. I forgot how to do it all as well xD!

Gor

Washed IG Plug
Meh idc I'm dumb as fuck. Decided to just skip the rest of the year.