• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Windows 7 or 8.1 ?

Danny

Onyx user!
Need to upgrade my PC is 8.1 good i've heard a lot of bad things about 8 is it worth it ? i know windows 10 is coming out this year but in the mean time what should i use 

Chainsmoke

Onyx user!
After using 8.1 for all my most recent dev needs i'd recommend it. Sometimes I wish I could go back to windows 7 but windows 8.1 can do the exact same thing for you.

Korora

User is banned.
Windows 8.1 is better than Windows 7, The only reason why people don't like it is because they find it a bit confusing about finding some of the tools and features it has.

alvarorojas4

User is banned.
8.1 Is way faster than 7. I love it

Kamex

Windows 7 is much more familiar and easier for most people, but windows 8 is a bit faster/more optimized, and more of the current standard. I personally prefer windows 7 but yeah up to you.

gunnar

ForumKorner Supporter!
i use both in my work environment and prefer 7 over 8
mainly just because of that stupid fucking tile screen

Daimi

User is banned.
I prefer 8 because its a lot more efficient, and isn't a resource hog compared to 8.

Exist

Formerly @Trap
Windows 8.1 would be the better choice.

I never have problems adjusting to newer operating systems. That seems to be why people don't upgrade most of the time. Or because of numerous bugs if it's just been released.

PigionFt

User is banned.
Not going to lie Windows 7 was nice when it was out, and Windows 8 can use some improvements, but i really like windows 8.1. It wasn't the best on the release but when they did updates and fixed it up, i really started to like it. In the end the choice is really yours but i would say go with Windows 8.1