• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

[Win7] WiFi Drops Randomly

Hurt

My WiFi will randomly drop on my PC, running Windows 7.
It's only started doing it recently, specifically after I uninstalled "CyberGhost".
When it drops it shows this icon:
PAUdgR7.png

Just as if I had manually disconnected from the WiFi source.
I'm not sure how to fix this, and I've googled around quite a bit for a fix and I've even watched several videos and none of the methods work.

After running a troubleshoot the computer just reconnects to the WiFi and says it's been fixed, but it still happens.
Sometimes I'm unable to reconnect to the internet for a minute or two and it's just a hassle because it does it with no warning.
Does anybody know a way I can actually fix this?

Supa Hot Fire

User is banned.
Either just re boot it or re-connect to your wifi or you can get any internet password around your area using CMD so yeah try those option's man.

Hurt

Supa Hot Fire said:
Either just re boot it or re-connect to your wifi or you  can get any internet password around your area using CMD so yeah try those option's man.

Re-boot doesn't work, it's been doing this for months.
I can reconnect to my WiFi afterwards but it usually takes a minute or 2.
It isn't an issue of the actual wireless connection dropping but just that my computer is disconnecting from my WiFi for no reason at all.
Thanks though!

Reading

User is banned.
It happens all the time on my Windows 8 computer, just turn your router off and on. If that doesn't work then refresh your PC.

Hurt

Reading said:
It happens all the time on my Windows 8 computer, just turn your router off and on. If that doesn't work then refresh your PC.

It's my computer, because my MacBook, PS3, and iPhone all maintain a connection. I'm not sure what the issue is and I really do not want to reload Windows onto it :(

Reading

User is banned.
Yosemite said:
It's my computer, because my MacBook, PS3, and iPhone all maintain a connection. I'm not sure what the issue is and I really do not want to reload Windows onto it :(

Even when my ipad, other tablet and PC are working my laptop can just randomly lose connection. I'm not sure why.

Reading

User is banned.
Kowai said:
Most of the time it could be that it got corrupted some how, and its being a little screwy. Let me know if you run into any more problems.

Could you help with the problems I'm having on my PC?

Reading

User is banned.
Kowai said:
Depending on the issue sure. Actually, I just got my A+ certification yesterday, I got the letter in the mail.

I'll send you a private message later today.

Reading

User is banned.
Kowai said:
Okay, I probably won't get to it till the morning as its about 10PM. So if you don't send it within the next two hours or so, expect a reply in about 8 hours from now.

10PM? Where are you from? I'll probably send it in a few hours though, if that's alright.

Daimi

User is banned.
Reading said:
10PM? Where are you from? I'll probably send it in a few hours though, if that's alright.

I'm on the East coast time zone in the USA.

Yosemite said:
I've just updated my driver, hopefully this fixes it. Thanks!

What driver did you use exactly? (Link)

Reading

User is banned.
Kowai said:
I'm on the East coast time zone in the USA.

Oh right, I thought you said you were 3 hours or so ahead of GMT (My timezone, 2AM here).

Reading

User is banned.
Kowai said:
Ah, okay. I always wondered as a kid "Well it's the future in other countries, so the worlds not going to end tomorrow since they're fine" lol.

It's not the future in other countries, they're just different timezones to you.