• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Train Defence?

7ewis

At the moment I have quite a decent account for PKing.

Cb- 45
Attack- 40
Strength- 60
Defence- 2

The defence was trained by accident, but I am thinking that as the 'Combat Beta' is supposedly killing pures, and I keep on losing to tanks wearing rune now, as I can hardly hit them, so I keep losing HP and use loads of food whilst they slowly kill me..

So I am thinking if I train my Defence to 40 now, and then wear Rune and carry on training strength, I might be better at PKing, or at least after the Combat Beta is released to everyone?

Also, if I do this are there any particular quests I need to be careful of? Because one of my mates got 41 attack after finishing a quest and getting XP.

Scenery

User is banned.
Rune is 50 defence in the beta.

Might as well get 50 for rockshell.

Eon

Onyx user!
Don't fight tanks.
2ez.

Cannabis

Onyx user!
™Scenery said:

That's one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

Cannabis

Onyx user!
Gamma said:
Kevin said:
™Scenery said:

That's one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

It's true, they will update it so that Rune requires 50 defense and that barrow's gloves will require 70 defense.

That's fucking retarded.

Skiller

You will definately rape with 99 attack and strength with 1 defence because you'll be the same level as people with just 99 defence.

Joshua_mybb_import21010

F*ck RS now imo. But quest your defence and raise any remaining levels.
Depending on what account type you want will decide the quests/amount.

7ewis

So if Rune is 50 now, is it worth keeping it at 2?

As someone said if I had 99 strength and attack, I would be the same level as someone with 99 defence.

I don't know what to do still :/

Eon

Onyx user!
7ewis said:
So if Rune is 50 now, is it worth keeping it at 2?

As someone said if I had 99 strength and attack, I would be the same level as someone with 99 defence.

I don't know what to do still :/

That's correct.
The formula to calculate the new CBL is simple as hell:
2 + Defense + highest combat skill = Combat level.

From what I've read, pures will get torn up against anyone. They've made Defence a key skill to have for survival, which in my opinion is terrible.

What you want to do is wait until the combat update comes out then power level to 99 Defence, and get prayer to 99 as well since it no longer affects CBL.

7ewis

Ah okay thanks!

Didn't know that either, that is useful to know!

But then surely training everything apart from defence would be on okay idea?
And then that must mean that the new max level is 200? Or at least on F2P, haven't really seen a good detailed post of what is new yet.

I might start now, as I have never had 99 in anything, so I want be able to power level! I recently bought full Zamorak armour incase I decided to get 40 defence, would you recommend selling that and buying big bones or something? I don't really have much money. Before buying the armour I had about 4mill.

Eon

Onyx user!
You can start now if you want, but I'd wait until it's released. They might change something yet.
Get into the botting zone bud. Make a few accounts and you'll get 4m in your first day or two.

7ewis

Hmm yeah, okay!

I have RSBot but I don't really know what to do, I kill chickens for feathers and get about 300k per account over night- but I have only done that a few times, and you can only run 2 accounts at once anyway:/

Also my laptop gets very hot after leaving it on for that amount of time, and I seem to be logged out when I wake up anyway, and its down atm!

7ewis

Does anyone know if a website has put together all the new information about the Combat Beta together, because I don't know whether or not I should train stats in preparation, because I cannot find anywhere that 'officialy' states new things in the update.

~L~

99 def, 75str and att. Tank those niggas. Its easy pking then tbh

7ewis

Who do you think would win, if there's a player with say:
Player 1
CB: 63
Attack: 60
Strength: 60
Defence: 1

Player 2:
CB: 62
Attack: 30
Strength: 30
Defence: 30

In todays game I would think that Player 1 would win.. But from what I have heard, it seems that Player 2 would easily beat Player 1?

~L~

depends on gear. Player 1 can wear better offense gear, meaning he could easily slash through the mithril armour or any other player 2 is wearing.