• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Should I Upgrade My Graphics Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XANAX

Power member.
I've been looking around for new graphics cards but not sure if I NEED to get a new one or not. I currently have a GTX 550 Ti and I can run games fine but Im mostly playing on low settings which doesnt really bother me but if a new graphics card is worth the upgrade then I will get a new one. I was thinking of getting a GTX 960 4GB OC Edition.

Here are my current specs:

GPU: GeForce GTX 550 Ti
CPU: AMD FX 8150 8 Core
RAM: 16GB

coltie2

Ex-Staff
@achonos get in here and tell this man whats good.

Piece

cannaisseur
Yes I agree with your opinion about upgrading the GPU. The 960 is a good card for low settings and the 4GB card is going to be perfect for what you are planning on doing with it.

Simple

The 960 is good, but I recommend the R9 390. It's a dope card. Had that card before I upgraded to the 980 Ti.

Piece

cannaisseur
Simple said:
The 960 is good, but I recommend the R9 390. It's a dope card. Had that card before I upgraded to the 980 Ti.

But he said that he only plays low settings games so that would just be a waste of money for him. My roommate just got that card and it is a beast.

Simple

Piece said:
But he said that he only plays low settings games so that would just be a waste of money for him.  My roommate just got that card and it is a beast.

Ah, yeah. Just realized that.. Yeah 960 is good then. And yeah it's smooth as fuck!

SOS

I think the game is much more enjoyable on higher settings, but if you're happy on low then its up to you :)

XANAX

Power member.
Piece said:
Yes I agree with your opinion about upgrading the GPU.  The 960 is a good card for low settings and the 4GB card is going to be perfect for what you are planning on doing with it.
I saw a video of a 960 on max settings on CS and the guy was running about 270 frames. Is the card capable of running high settings smoothly? Or is it still geared towards lower settings?

SOS said:
I think the game is much more enjoyable on higher settings, but if you're happy on low then its up to you :)
Whats your current GPU you're running and how does it do the job?

SOS

XANAX said:
I saw a video of a 960 on max settings on CS and the guy was running about 270 frames. Is the card capable of running high settings smoothly? Or is it still geared towards lower settings?

Whats your current GPU you're running and how does it do the job?

I have a gtx 970 it runs pretty well on my laptop hehe.

XANAX

Power member.
SOS said:
I have a gtx 970 it runs pretty well on my laptop hehe.
My friend has a brand new never opened 960 he would sell me for $120 so thats why I was thinking of getting it. Pretty much a steal imo, but if a new GPU isnt needed I dont see a point in getting one.

Piece

cannaisseur
XANAX said:
My friend has a brand new never opened 960 he would sell me for $120 so thats why I was thinking of getting it. Pretty much a steal imo, but if a new GPU isnt needed I dont see a point in getting one.

Do that I think it will be good for your needs.

XANAX

Power member.
Thanks for the help guys. Ill be closing this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.