• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Running Win 7 on a Chromebook?

guccijoel

Onyx user!
Alright, so like the title says, I'm wondering if someone knows how to run Windows 7 on a Chromebook. I searched on google but didn't really find any good guides, or they were too complicated. If someone knows a simple way to do this, that would be great.

The reason that I'd like to do this is that the Chromebook currently has restrictions on pretty much everything, websites, youtube videos etc. and I'd really like to bypass all of that crap.

guccijoel

Onyx user!
MasterMimi said:
I'd put Ubuntu or something on it.
But how would I go about doing that? Running a VM on the Chromebook or how would I change it from Chrome OS to Ubuntu?

Scale

CA$HM£R£ said:
But how would I go about doing that? Running a VM on the Chromebook or how would I change it from Chrome OS to Ubuntu?
Since you seem like you don't have much knowledge on operating systems. But it seems like you're wanting to completely swap the os to windows 7. You'll need to find a legit win 7 download w/ serial keys to activate the os. Look up how to dual boot windows 7 w/ Chromebook or something in that nature

Cred

I dont think its possible because chromebooks use cloud space to save stuff. I may be wrong.

Rare

I forgot how but my school also gives chromebook. This is now patched as everyone did it but you can go into administrator mode and factory reset your chrome then have a school account then have a personal account on the chromebook.
Hope this helps.

guccijoel

Onyx user!
Rare said:
I forgot how but my school also gives chromebook. This is now patched as everyone did it but you can go into administrator mode and factory reset your chrome then have a school account then have a personal account on the chromebook.
Hope this helps.
Do you mean it's patched as in you have to do it in another way for it to work, or it's patched as it's not possible in any way anymore? A fix like this would work much better than getting a whole new OS, but I guess I'll do what it takes.

Rare

By patched I meant my school didn't block this feature until after kids factory reset.
Google how to do it as I forgot and it should work.

guccijoel

Onyx user!
Rare said:
By patched I meant my school didn't block this feature until after kids factory reset.
Google how to do it as I forgot and it should work.
Alright, thanks man, will be sure to check this out :)