• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

RuneScape PvP just died

Eon

Onyx user!
Played around with the new combat beta a little bit ago. Took me about 20mins to grab some gear, and 5mins to quit.

All the skills they've included, they've tried to bring it towards a MMO style game which just doesn't seem to work.
I don't know about anyone else, but RuneScape usually has about a 500ms response time doing anything, rendering the use of abilities a pain/ragequite worthy to use.

On top of that, everytime I go to use a an ability the action bar flashes/glitches in and out a few times whenever an ability's clicked.

What's even worse is Defence is practically a must and the Defence requirements for every armour item below level 50 has been increased by 10 (Rune = 50, Adamant = 40 etc) and 40 Defence minimum is needed to wear any D'hide items.
No more running around in chaps and vambs.. :|

Anyone else tried it? Thoughts?

nehkz

Onyx user!
I think you mean PK'ing died. PvP has just started. Although, I can agree it does need a little bit more work.

Joshua_mybb_import21010

My thoughts are; With the opinions of others that have tried this.
I really don't think I'll enjoy the "New Runescape"
I wonder if this'll bring in more players than it will making them quit.

It's Beta for a reason, we'll have to wait and see if they make any changes.

Ironhide

Onyx user!
Guys lighten up, it's still a BETA I'm sure loose ends and bugs will be flattened out by the time it is officially implemented into the game.

Scenery

User is banned.
They only killed hybridding really.

7ewis

Has it gone up for weapons as well? So to wield a Rune Scimitar you would need 50 attack?

Scenery™ said:
They only killed hybridding really.

Only fun thing about this shitty game.

~L~

there has been confirmation that hybridding and all of that will be improved, since its still in beta stage, it will get more and more improved over time. It will obviously take some time for beta to become the real game piece. So until then enjoy what we have now, and look into what we get in the future.

~L~ said:
there has been confirmation that hybridding and all of that will be improved, since its still in beta stage, it will get more and more improved over time. It will obviously take some time for beta to become the real game piece. So until then enjoy what we have now, and look into what we get in the future.

Mind linking me?

~L~

Method said:
~L~ said:

Mind linking me?

It wasnt forums confirmation, on fc, but i think i got a screenie about updates to beta hybridding in game so ill post when i get on my pc tomorrow

Pichu

Onyx user!
Pking was in 06 with the basic weapons in the wild,jeez jagex is fucking things up..