• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Regarding FK's longest downtime.

Philly

Power member.
I just figured I would make an official thread announcing what was going on and why it took so long to get the site back online. As I have always said the site will always come back up especially with the help from you active members.

So where it all started was the host that I had changed to decided that they didn't want to host ForumKorner and would not give reason and made me wait 8 days for a refund, then the two hosts I had purchased after that were not sufficient enough to run ForumKorner on, the forum is not small and we cannot just run on any web host it takes a good server and the proper configurations which takes time and money. During the days of the downtime I spent working behind the scenes to get the site up as soon as possible. I had heard from a couple sources that there was a few rumors going around about some hack or attack that is not the case whatsoever, absolutely nothing was or has been compromised but yes we are under almost constant attack but that does not mean the site will always go down as I do my best to counter all attacks in real time which obviously are not always successful however sometimes is. 

Over the past several months I have not received the same support as I have for the past 5 years which ultimately lead to the amount of downtime occurred, had things been a little different I would have been able to get the site back up right away. Every member that has offered and or helped during this time is super appreciated and is honestly required in order to keep the forum remaining online. At this time our new server configuration is probably the best setup we have ever had and I just hope you all enjoy the site and appreciate what I do and have to sacrifice to keep the forum online and active. While I know I am not perfect nor ever claimed to be I do try my best at all times and try my best to keep all members happy. Members must also keep in mind that I have a personal life as well which takes up some of my time as well and I cannot always be online and availible when you may need it each and every time and that is why we have a team to help assist you with your needs when I am unavailable to do so. 

With all that being said there is going to be some serious changes around here, I will be revising more suggestions than ever at this time and will be doing my best to implement all those I feel are wanted the most. I will also be seeking more staff team members so we can once again offer some things that we have not been able to do for some time. Lastly I would like to let you know that I did have to roll the server back a little bit, but please don't be worried, anything that was lost such as upgrades, awards or anything of that nature will be re added once again and I will be doing this tonight. That does include those who made purchases during the downtime. If for any reason you feel it is taking more time than usual to obtain anything you happen to be missing I encourage you to contact me on-site and I will do my best to implement it back ASAP. 

If you have any questions, concerns or anything else please post here or get in touch with me or one of FK's team members.

Also please do not be worries whatsoever if the site temporarily goes down a couple times very early this coming morning as I am going to be making some final server adjustments as they happen to be needed to make everyones experience here the best possible.

Philly

Power member.
Despair said:
I thought you owned Zahasi? Isn't Zahasi a web hosting company?
Our entire network was and still is down, not including FK as we decided to get that that back up first and foremost. The rest of the network will be up before the end of the week if all goes as scheduled. :)

Despair

Philly said:
Our entire network was and still is down, not including FK as we decided to get that that back up first and foremost. The rest of the network will be up before the end of the week if all goes as scheduled. :)
But if you own a web hosting company shouldn't you be able to host your own forum? I might just be dumb and not understand at all.

Shock

Onyx user!
Wow finally ForumKorner is back. Thanks @Philly for your hard work.

Vandalize

User is banned.
Congrats on getting everything setup. Must have went through a lot.

Philly

Power member.
Despair said:
But if you own a web hosting company shouldn't you be able to host your own forum? I might just be dumb and not understand at all.
The hosting company is part of the network which is down, it also only offers shared hosting at this time as well and FK requires a dedicated server.

Cred

Glad to see FK is back, can't wait to see what changes you have planned.

Power member.
I'm glad to see the forum is back online, cheers.

Piece

cannaisseur
Happy to see FK back up and people still being active on the site!

Brian

Power member.
Just goes to show how much we all missed the site. I was refreshing everyday no bullshit. Glad it's back up Philly.

Sire

Power member.
I almost peed myself from excitement when I saw that the site was finally back up.

Cupcake

Sweeter Than Ever
I am really happy we are back @philly :D . I almost died when we went off..

I hope the new server works out!

Who can I contact about my group Philly?

Genie

Power member.
Glad to have the site back up and running, I missed my user so much lol.

Rare

Thanks for the hard work and dedication towards forumkorner Philly.