• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Recovering accounts

Gogetaa

This thread is to show you guys how to successfully recover a runescape account without being the owner of the registered email.

Things you will need:

~the runescape official rocovery threadhttp://services.runescape.com/m=forum/sl=0/forums.ws?250,251,5,63915722,goto,1611:
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/sl=0/forums.ws?250,251,19,64037413

The original owners IP address
~ Best way is if you have them on a RAT or even teamviewer AFK.

Account recovery information
~everything you can possibly have on them to recover the account.

once you are on the original account owner's IP address, you must visit the forum link shown. then, log in on any account you own on their IP, then post stating:
  • somebody stole your account through a virus your computer eventually picked up ( make sure you state that you reformatted your computer and got rid of it)
  • they reset your recovery information
  • you will need the email resetting and account secured
once you have followed those steps you will also want to include all details you wish to change in order to secure the account

Note: it is a good idea to have a draft ready on a notepad if you have limited time to log in and make the post so that you can quickly copy and paste it.

simply post in that thread and you should get a reply from a j-mod saying the action they undertook in aid of giving you the account.

how to use their IP

~Team Viewer

if you manage to get somebody afk on team viewer you can do this. if you know someone bots all day, try to get their teamviewer password.

~RAT
Through a remote administration tool you can follow the steps stated. again, probably be best if they were AFK

personally, i feel the teamviewer way would be the easiest.

i got back my account i sold to gold4fun and it worked, i also secured a hacked account this way, but, it eventually did get banned, as i used it as a mule:evil_invert:.

Rep is optional, but appreciated.

Deathcrow

Power member.
Nice, thanks for sharing that info. I probably won't need to use any of it though. =p

Hipsters

User is banned.
Thanks for the share and when you say use their ip as your own you mean something like sistem32/drivers/etc/hosts

Will that do the trick?

Haywire

Onyx user!
I have tested with my old account from 2006 that i sold, now lets see :p
But nice guide.

Deathwish

Onyx user!
Nolan said:
lol how would i get the owners ip :D

You can try to get the person on Skype and get an ip resolver.
Or, you can try to find their info on a database for a site that records IPs.

Deathcrow

Power member.
Deathwish said:
Nolan said:
lol how would i get the owners ip :D

You can try to get the person on Skype and get an ip resolver.
Or, you can try to find their info on a database for a site that records IPs.

Through Skype you can just use your CMD to find out their IP.

I tried this last night, and still haven't gotten a response. How will Jagex contact you regarding if they denied or accepted your appeal?

Do you have a lot of spare email accounts and proxies, because I fear jagex might link my ip and email address to my main Runescape account?

Edit: Op, could you show the loots you've obtained through recovering?

Falixus

Onyx user!
Thanks for the post. I recently got a level 133 account that I was planning on selling; however, it had JAG, so I immediately gave up.

Gogetaa

Updated the OP added a little bit more content.

#bringupdatpost

Tyler-

Onyx user!
Recoverys alwaays get the highest loot, if your good and have persistence!

Gogetaa

updated link, now working again.