• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

OS X Yosemite

Hurt

What do you guys think about Yosemite?
I haven't seen any threads about this yet which is sort of surprising to be honest.
Personally I love the operating system although I have not been able to use it.
I spend a lot of my time trying to make my MacBook (OS X Lion) look like it runs Yosemite because it actually cannot.

I love the look of the flat UI, the transparency, and the dynamic blur. It looks amazing and I love the way it works with iOS.

tattoo

User is banned.
I can tell you like it simply because of your username :p

Never been a big fan of any mac os though.

Hurt

Twelve said:
I can tell you like it simply because of your username :p

Never been a big fan of any mac os though.

Thank you :p
Understandable though, many people don't like Mac OS and that's just their preference.
I like Mac because if I need to I can always just bootcamp my computer to use Windows and do what I must on there.

tattoo

User is banned.
Yosemite said:
Thank you :p
Understandable though, many people don't like Mac OS and that's just their preference.
I like Mac because if I need to I can always just bootcamp my computer to use Windows and do what I must on there.
If you like it for that reason than why not just use windows in the first place.

Hurt

Twelve said:
If you like it for that reason than why not just use windows in the first place.

I prefer the look and feel of Mac but if I need to use Windows for something I can bootcamp my Mac and use Windows for what I need to, and then return to OS X for my daily use. That's what I meant, sorry if I was unclear.

tattoo

User is banned.
Yosemite said:
I prefer the look and feel of Mac but if I need to use Windows for something I can bootcamp my Mac and use Windows for what I need to, and then return to OS X for my daily use. That's what I meant, sorry if I was unclear.

Oh well that is understandable. I prefer the feel of iOS even though I think android has more features.

Hurt

Twelve said:
Oh well that is understandable. I prefer the feel of iOS even though I think android has more features.

I also prefer the feel of iOS, and I think Android has more features but I just don't like the look of the Android OS' so I will use iPhone for now.
I find iOS has a great selection of features, but I can't stand not jailbreaking my phone because admittadly iOS is very bland when it isn't jailbroken.

tattoo

User is banned.
Yosemite said:
I also prefer the feel of iOS, and I think Android has more features but I just don't like the look of the Android OS' so I will use iPhone for now.
I find iOS has a great selection of features, but I can't stand not jailbreaking my phone because admittadly iOS is very bland when it isn't jailbroken.

I agree, I wish I could jailbreak my iphone but unfortunately its on ios 8.3.

Hurt

Kowai said:
I really enjoy Yosemite, and I've been using it for about three weeks now.

Sweet! I'm looking into something like ML PostFactor to get Yosemite on my unsupported Mac, or possibly finding a way to Hackintosh it onto my PC. I love the OS and would love to use it for myself.

Twelve said:
I agree, I wish I could jailbreak my iphone but unfortunately its on ios 8.3.

Ahh, well I'm sure it won't be too long before a jailbreak has been released for 8.3. Have you tried this "new emoji" feature they've added? It sounds neat but as I am on 7.1.2 I obviously cannot see them or try the feature.

tattoo

User is banned.
Yosemite said:
Sweet! I'm looking into something like ML PostFactor to get Yosemite on my unsupported Mac, or possibly finding a way to Hackintosh it onto my PC. I love the OS and would love to use it for myself.

Ahh, well I'm sure it won't be too long before a jailbreak has been released for 8.3. Have you tried this "new emoji" feature they've added? It sounds neat but as I am on 7.1.2 I obviously cannot see them or try the feature.

Yes its amazing I can post black emojis now :3

S̶equel

User is banned.
---Pros
New interface (and new icons)
Better iOS integration (when it works)
Broader Spotlight
Widgets in Notification Centre
Private browsing
New Mail features

---Cons
Many of the Continuity features don't work - even on Macs that should support them
WiFi is a nightmare!

Daimi

User is banned.
S̶equel said:
---Pros
New interface (and new icons)
Better iOS integration (when it works)
Broader Spotlight
Widgets in Notification Centre
Private browsing
New Mail features

---Cons
Many of the Continuity features don't work - even on Macs that should support them
WiFi is a nightmare!

Wanted to run a hackintosh build but sadly I have to have an Intel based CPU. :/

Hurt

Kowai said:
Wanted to run a hackintosh build but sadly I have to have an Intel based CPU. :/

There are ways to run Hackintosh builds with AMD, depending on the AMD model you have. I haven't checked if my PC build is compatible with with Hackintosh yet, I really hope it is.

Daimi

User is banned.
Yosemite said:
There are ways to run Hackintosh builds with AMD, depending on the AMD model you have. I haven't checked if my PC build is compatible with with Hackintosh yet, I really hope it is.

Seen that some are compatible with FX 8120, now I just need to figure out how to do it, never really fooled around with hackintosh that much.

Hurt

Kowai said:
Seen that some are compatible with FX 8120, now I just need to figure out how to do it, never really fooled around with hackintosh that much.

I've watched a lot of YouTube videos and read plenty of articles about it but I have never personally tried it.

PigionFt

User is banned.
I got it a month before release and i loved it then, and still love it now. It has a fresh new look that wasn't there in the previous OS's

Samus

Power member.
I have a 2003 eMac os x running leopard on it shit still runs like a champ