• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Mac vs PC

Norway

User is banned.
Need a new laptop soon because the one I`m using has just been too slow lately :( Want to get a mac but I have a lot of programs that are not compatible that I use on a daily basis. Is it worth the sacrifice of the download capability?

м¢ℓσνιη

What do you do normally? Meaning are you a gamer? or a person that does a lot of graphics?

People

Power member.
My grandmas has an iMac And I have some shit windows computer. I recommend Mac over windows any-day, Their are a lot of variations of programs that dont run on mac, and you can run windows inside of mac! ;p

Andy

User is banned.
It's a hard decision, that's why I have both. :p

Gamer - Windows
Graphics - Mac

Poe

User is banned.
I just bought another Mac yesterday and frankly I would never buy another windows computer, macs blow them out of the
water.

phybeя

You could get a Mac then run the programs on a virtual machine or you could dual boot Windows on there as well.

Norway

User is banned.
Yea, I think I want a Mac.. It's going to cost a bit more but I think it's worth it because I don't game and I primarily enjoy into more graphics based things. My friend at school had a program where he had windows 7 on his Mac o_O idk how but he pressed a button and then it would boot up again and turn into a pc. Never really asked him about it but always thought it was really cool. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Raptor

Power member.
Macs are way too overpriced for the parts they include, I'd rather partition a hard-drive on my desktop and run iOS from there than buy a Macintosh computer.

Hidden‎

User is banned.
Are Macs really better for graphics though?

(Curious because I make graphics)

Norway

User is banned.
It depends on the retina display option... Some really expensive pc's can have just as good graphics as a mac book pro with retina. You need to shop around tho

Sweden

Power member.
I can hook you up with parallels desktop, just remember that

Norway

User is banned.
Sweden said:
I can hook you up with parallels desktop, just remember that

Lol, you found this thread :D glad to see you found it! Definitely hook me up when I return with a Mac next year ;)

Bmthrules

Power member.
Dual boot, if you want something that's going to last invest in a computer build that can push as much video processing as possible.

Your OS is irrelevant.

Maybach

User is banned.
Spend 1K on a mac get 4 GB of ram, shit video card, shit everything

Spend 1K on a Pc get a 660TI 3GB card and run any game, AMD 8350, etc, etc.

Diamond Supply

Power member.
Maybach said:
Spend 1K on a mac get 4 GB of ram, shit video card, shit everything

Spend 1K on a Pc get a 660TI 3GB card and run any game, AMD 8350, etc, etc.

Exactly but what if it isn't for gaming?
Mac is ideal for students and people who run small business'