• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Mac or Windows?

coltie2

Ex-Staff
Mac all the way. I don't even need to explain myself.

Awhile

It all depends on what you do mostly. If you like to have the credo of hacking and running sketchy programs ETC. Windows is better. But if you are just doing like school work or conventional use, Mac is better because it is so much more smooth. I prefer Mac, but at times I wish I had a Windows for the perks of being able to run crackers and such.

Fiend

User is banned.
Windows, the availability of programs is just simply more prominent in day to day life, I can't mention how many times I've gone to download a program, and it say "coming to mac soon"

Boogeyman

Fiend said:
Windows, the availability of programs is just simply more prominent in day to day life, I can't mention how many times I've gone to download a program, and it say "coming to mac soon"

Very true, you have so much more freedom on Windows.

Hurt

I'm actually very on the fence about this. I really like Mac OS X, aesthetically. I like the way it looks, the way it feels. It's very smooth, very snappy, and very eye catching. The OS looks very neat, tidy, and I just prefer its look over the look of Windows. It plays really nice with all of the creative programs, as it was originally marketed towards the professional market and the content creators. I really like how snappy it feels, even on my beat to hell 2007 MacBook, running 10.7.5 (a 4 year old OS) it still feels quick. It performs well enough for usual things, browsing the web, watching videos, and it can even stand some Photoshop or Illustrator tasks. I really like how even though my phone is older, and the computer/OS is older, it still feels really connected to my phone. iTunes is the default music program on it (for me, at least) and I really like how easy it is to get music, photos, or videos onto my phone. It feels much more interconnected with my phone than my Windows laptop.

I've always preferred the look and feel of the Mac computers, and the Apple phones. I'll admit they lack some customization features and other things to personalize your devices, but they have just always caught my attention.

However, I also like Windows. I like the customization options that you have. I like that it is very easy to customize nearly every aspect of the OS, with just a simple program you can find on the internet. I like that it is so easy to find cracked programs and other various indie apps for the platform. I don't use account crackers, or checkers or anything of that sort, but I think it's cool that they are so easy to find for the Windows OS. Not many people will code stuff that works for the Mac OS, although it would be cool to see an influx of Mac coders getting on that. I got a laptop for christmas, and it came with Windows 10. At first I was upset about that, because of how used to Win7 I was, but I've actually grown to love the OS. I like the flat, minimalist approach. It's a very fast, very efficient OS.

I would say I prefer Mac over Windows, but I'm by no means a "iSheep". I understand that Windows is also a very efficient OS, and I know that in some cases it is mandatory over Mac OS. Although Apple has made Bootcamp for that exact reason. It's very easy to obtain a... "legitimate"... source of Windows to run Bootcamp with, which will allow you to do all your cracking, checking, and gaming needs. There is a stigma out there about Mac Computers, and their inability to play games. This is false and should be put to rest. Mac Computers are very capable of playing games, even at high resolutions and high framerates. The issue lies with the OS. The OS is what is so incompatible with games, and you really can't even blame Apple for that. It's up to the game creators, and they choose to so poorly port their games to the Apple platform, usually resulting in crappy games that don't run as well on their PC counterparts. However if you bootcamp and run Windows on a Mac, you can game away.

I prefer Mac for professional/creative uses, and PC for gaming or using indie apps.

м¢ℓσνιη

Okay, I've always been a Windows user so can't really talk for Mac, BUT from my experience of TRYING Mac, it's more directed at users whom like to have more productivity in their life. While Windows can be good for this too, Mac has always been the best OS for productivity. Windows has based more for gaming. There is such thing as a Hackintosh, where the user has both Windows and Mac OS.

Comes down to what you like most, gaming or making creating things?

[ザイオン]

User is banned.
I've always used Windows and it will always have a very soft spot in my heart, but recently, I've been more geared towards Apple products. I like the quickness and user friendly aspect of the OS. But, with that being said, I always love freedom and the ability to download basically anything. So, I'm inbetween. Both are great to me.

Fedora

Boogeyman said:
Very true, you have so much more freedom on Windows.
You can have even more freedom running FreeBSD :^)

But on topic, I prefer OS X over Windows any day, I use bootcamp for both on my macbook and see myself using OS X instead of windows 7/10 times, if I need to run a application that only runs on windows machines I just reboot or use a VM.