• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

I need some advice

Survivor

Onyx user!
Before I start this off i'm not trying to seek anything but advice.

So recently all I have been feeling is just absolute shit. And im not the one to take petty shit from anyone because very few opinions matter to me. But everyday seems to be getting worse and I don't know exactly what to do. I am active outside everyday and I have tried doing what I enjoy as much as I can but nothing seems to shake the feeling. I do not and haven't ever hurt myself because i dont believe in that (if that makes sense.) I just always feel depressed or anxious for no reason. I have not been to a doctor about this because I am 16 and everyone has told me that its my age and that "it will pass." But i've felt this way for a long time now. I've noticed that i rarely laugh at anything anymore and my patience for people is slowly declining. Above that my grades have been falling as well. I've tried talking to all sorts of people about how im feeling but nothing has helped at all. I'm not suicidal but i've just been feeling like no one would care if i left or not, but I wont because that isnt me. Everyone is telling me I need someone who makes me happy but i've never dated anyone dispite all the times ive tried to have a thing with someone. I just have no idea what to do, im slowly just becoming depressed all the time to the point where the only thing i can do to help is to go outside and skate with some music. Hopefully someone can help, any advice you can give me would be great.

Cupcake

Sweeter Than Ever
Its natural to feel very disorientated @survivor .

I was the same at 16. 70% of it was hormones.
I used to get very anxious as well and I just wanted peace and quiet and people would make me snap if they kept calling my name or constantly trying to talk to me when I wanted peace and quiet.

I don't know if that is anything your experiencing. I found that spending time with people and doing loads of different things everyday really helped! :D .
xxx

Devil

you could join a sports team since you're active & outside everyday, that would help get your mind off things.

or join a gang, your choice.

coltie2

Ex-Staff
Things that help when i'm feeling down:

1) Workout
2) Workout even harder
3) Hanging with friends/try to meet new girls or boys if you swing that way.
4) Try new life experiences. This is a MAJOR key. Go live it up a little, go to a party (assuming 18+, if not make sure your parents let you) and LIVE IT UP. Just do, have fun! Sometimes just one night of living it up crazy can completely reset you.
5) Find motivation in things you are good at.
6) Get new hobbies.
7) Repeat step 4.

On a side note how old are you? Depending on your age I truly believe everyone goes through what you are feeling.

You skate and listen to music? Utilize that my friend. Go to different skate parks, meet new people, start filming fucking sponsor videos or just videos in general ya dig? With a little accomplishment that can turn your mood around fambamalam. @Survivor

The biggest thing is only YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU can change the feeling you have, it is just if YOU are willing to do it.

@dusk

Gear

Power member.
First off remember that there is tons of other people who have gone through this and are living perfectly happy lives so don't think something is wrong with you or that you're never gonna be happy. It's not that you're sad it's that you're completely demotivated which is making you look at everything negatively.

If you find yourself sleeping all day and never going out with friends I'd suggest look in your wardrobe and find your favorite clothes and get all dressed up, maybe get a new haircut. Even if you're not going out anywhere doing small things like putting effort into yourself can really help you get out of this slump.

A huge one that you've probably heard before is going to the gym. Going to the gym has been proven to help depression and I know tons of people that used it to get over breakups and other shit in their lives.

Maybe some people in your life are making you feel this way. As Robbin Williams said "I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel alone" so get rid of those toxic people in your life.

Hope this helps but just remember you're not gonna be stuck like this forever. It's like the saying "The best foundation to build from is rock bottom".

Sculley

idk BRA .. but sumtimes u gota do every1 else a favor and stop tryna beg 4 attention ...

Doobie

This is exactly how I felt bro, I started working out and I got a job and now it's starting to get so much better