• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

i need a gaming laptop

colin89

User is banned.
it justs need to be able to run wow. any suggestions?

Dean Winchester

Power member.
I can run WoW with pretty basic settings with my specifications. I have.

Intel i3, 2.4 GHz
2 GB RAM
ATi Mobility HD 5470, 512 MB

I have a friend who forked out for an ASUS Republic of Gamers which is the utmost beast.

paul

User is banned.
Alienware is overpriced, just get a i3, 4Gb ram and decent video card wih 512mb or higher.

Perryuppal

Irrational said:
hehehe. wow.

get an alienware

OH GOD NO. Do not buy an Alienware. I could easily build you a computer that is 2x better than an Alienware, and would cost much less. Just go build your own computer with these parts:

-700W Power Supply (brand doesn't matter. You could go with a 520, but get a 700w+ PSU so you can upgrade things later without having to buy a new PSU)
-Asus M5A97 Motherboard
-Nvidia GTX 560ti 2Gb Graphics Card (Amazing performance, allows you to plug up two monitors, and isn't extremely expensive.)
-Intel i5 2500k 3.0Ghz Processor
-500Gb HDD
-2x 4Gb DDR3 RAM Sticks
-Any Mid Tier case you want.

That computer will run most games on max settings and it only costs around $870 to get all of the parts (including Disc Drive + Monitor)

Phenom

User is banned.
I use a iPad it's great for gaming I know it's not a laptop but it's a great addition.

paul

User is banned.
Яeverse said:
I use a iPad it's great for gaming I know it's not a laptop but it's a great addition.
You joking? I don't remember WoW being supported by a iPad.

∆Cotton

The reason a alienware is very high priced is mainly because of the quality of it's graphics card

Perryuppal

∆Cotton said:
The reason a alienware is very high priced is mainly because of the quality of it's graphics card

Not at all. Alienware is overpriced because the name "Alienware" is a very well known brand. not to mention Alienware sponsors the majority of top competetive gamers. Then people who aren't very big with computers believe Alienware is the best thing around. It's the same thing with Headphones. Bose and Beats by Dre are crap, but they're overpriced due to the name.