• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How To Reset My Laptop?

Pandas

User is banned.
I need to reset my Toshiba C660 / C660D Satellite but I have no idea how -_- Could anyone help me? I have tried the Power and 0 button, it doesn't work, nor do I have a reset disc. Could anyone help me please? c: Need to reset to factory settings! 

Thanks! 

Pandas

User is banned.

Carnage

Power member.
System restore ;) if you can get on the laptop then best get a new copy of the version of windows u have load it on a usb or disk and reboot.

Pandas

User is banned.
Carnage said:
System restore ;) if you can get on the laptop then best get a new copy of the version of windows u have load it on a usb or disk and reboot.

I don't have a disc nor a USB. I need something what's already within the laptop. 

Carnage

Power member.
Kurapika said:
I don't have a disc nor a USB. I need something what's already within the laptop. 

i have no idea lol maybe teamviewer? get a friend to get u a recovery backup on there?

Pandas

User is banned.
Carnage said:
i have no idea lol maybe teamviewer? get a friend to get u a recovery backup on there?

I don't get that ;-; But thanks for the help! 

Swish

Power member.
For me, it was:
1.) Control panel
2.) System and Security
3.) Backup and Restore
4.) Then somewhere on that page (towards the bottom middle of the page), it should say "Recover system settings or your computer". Click that if applicable.

Lastly, you should see "Advanced recovery methods". Click that if applicable, and then you should see "Return your computer to factory condition".

Follow through with that, again, that was with my desktop that has Windows 7.

Pandas

User is banned.
Swish said:
For me, it was:
1.) Control panel
2.) System and Security
3.) Backup and Restore
4.) Then somewhere on that page (towards the bottom middle of the page), it should say "Recover system settings or your computer". Click that if applicable.

Lastly, you should see "Advanced recovery methods". Click that if applicable, and then you should see "Return your computer to factory condition".

Alright, thanks! I will try it in a bit! 

Swish said:
For me, it was:
1.) Control panel
2.) System and Security
3.) Backup and Restore

It doesn't say the last bit. It Use system image you created earlier to recover your computer

and Reinstall Windows. 

Or it says help me choose a recovery method. 

Pandas

User is banned.
Sarcasm said:
Go to youtube, or seach exactly what you want on google.

I have been trying to do that for 3 days straight, that's why I asked on FK

Pandas

User is banned.
Yosemite said:
Torrent Win7, burn it onto a disk, and reinstall.
That's what I did to reset my computer, and to BootCamp my Mac.
I don't have any free discs.... 

Tempts

Onyx user!
what Operating System? If it's windows 8, you need a recovery disk or a disc with Windows in order to reset without problem.

Yosemite said:
See if a friend has any, or pick some up. Might be the only way to do it :/
How did you manage to get more than 1000 viruses anyway?

I'm assuming its one of those fake "Windows Virus Remover" things that say you have thousands of viruses, which then gets you to infect yourself further. 

Pandas

User is banned.
Tempts said:
what Operating System? If it's windows 8, you need a recovery disk or a disc with Windows in order to reset without problem.

I'm assuming its one of those fake "Windows Virus Remover" things that say you have thousands of viruses, which then gets you to infect yourself further. 

I have Windows 7

My mate took my laptop.. 

Chthonic

Onyx user!
If you are still having these problems, follow my advice. I recommend you making another partition to try this to see what exact drivers are missing! This is loads easier, so you can download the drivers, and follow these steps.

1: Acquire all of your drivers first. Drivers are ESSENTIAL for making your OS work. You can find the drivers from the Toshiba website. Enter your exact model from the service tag, and you can find the drivers for the specific model.

Make a new partition on your hard drive so you can have a safe and "secure" place to store your drivers. Be careful though, when Windows tells you to choose a drive to install Windows on, choose your C drive(or the drive you installed Windows on!)

Most drivers are either 1MB - 200MB, so make your partition at least 10GB - 15GB, just in case.

2: Back up files. This is obviously an important thing. But it seems like you want a full reinstall of Windows without any of your files, I believe, so if I am right about this, skip this step.

3: Just download a Windows 7 ISO from a website. Make sure it matches the exact version of Windows you have(most likely Home Premium.) You most likely have a Windows 7 COA, which has a product key, on the bottom of your laptop. You can use that product key to activate your version of Windows. Windows 7 ISOs are from 3 - 4GB in size. Depending on your internet speed, it may take 5 minutes, or 5 hours. If it takes a very long time, be patient. 4GB is a huge amount!

4: Download VirtualCloneDrive. This is a program where you can make a virtual CD-DVD ROM drive, where you can mount ISOs. No disk or USB required! I used this program so many times when I didn't have a USB or disk on me. It is so helpful!

5: Of course, install Windows. This takes 30 minutes, depending on your computer specs, and how fast your computer is.

6: After it is installed, you most likely don't have much drivers installed. Your resolution made be scaled down to either 800x600, or 1024x768. If this happens, your video driver is not installed. Install all of your drivers that you put on your extra partition you made earlier.

7: If all of your drivers are installed, Windows 7 is up and ready to go! Make sure you download the latest updates from Windows Update.

Hope this helps! :)

Pandas

User is banned.
Neutral said:
If you are still having these problems, follow my advice. I recommend you making another partition to try this to see what exact drivers are missing! This is loads easier, so you can download the drivers, and follow these steps.

1: Acquire all of your drivers first. Drivers are ESSENTIAL for making your OS work. You can find the drivers from the Toshiba website. Enter your exact model from the service tag, and you can find the drivers for the specific model.

Make a new partition on your hard drive so you can have a safe and "secure" place to store your drivers. Be careful though, when Windows tells you to choose a drive to install Windows on, choose your C drive(or the drive you installed Windows on!)

Most drivers are either 1MB - 200MB, so make your partition at least 10GB - 15GB, just in case.

2: Back up files. This is obviously an important thing. But it seems like you want a full reinstall of Windows without any of your files, I believe, so if I am right about this, skip this step.

3: Just download a Windows 7 ISO from a website. Make sure it matches the exact version of Windows you have(most likely Home Premium.) You most likely have a Windows 7 COA, which has a product key, on the bottom of your laptop. You can use that product key to activate your version of Windows. Windows 7 ISOs are from 3 - 4GB in size. Depending on your internet speed, it may take 5 minutes, or 5 hours. If it takes a very long time, be patient. 4GB is a huge amount!

4: Download VirtualCloneDrive. This is a program where you can make a virtual CD-DVD ROM drive, where you can mount ISOs. No disk or USB required! I used this program so many times when I didn't have a USB or disk on me. It is so helpful!

5: Of course, install Windows. This takes 30 minutes, depending on your computer specs, and how fast your computer is.

6: After it is installed, you most likely don't have much drivers installed. Your resolution made be scaled down to either 800x600, or 1024x768. If this happens, your video driver is not installed. Install all of your drivers that you put on your extra partition you made earlier.

7: If all of your drivers are installed, Windows 7 is up and ready to go! Make sure you download the latest updates from Windows Update.

Hope this helps! :)
I did not get any of that ;-;

Sorry ;-;