• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How To PK In Combat Beta

7ewis

Anyone that has access to the Combat Beta could you please let us know how the PK'ing is in the update?

I really don't know how I should train in preparation?

My stats are:

Attack: 40
Strength: 60
Defence: 2 (Yeah, an early on accident)
Prayer: 20 (Started training this because of the new cb calculation)

~L~

you dont need to train pray for combat levels since lifepoints,summoning and pray won't effect it. Unless your doing it for certain prayers. Also make it a tank in my oppinion, best way to start off when beta turns to real shit. Anyway, tanking on the beta will be looked into (range tanks with shielded bows), the combat triangle will change since everyone will have different weaknesses with their set up, meaning pking will be tough. Since it appears weaknesses only appear when you engage into combat(might be wrong) so yeah pking will be tough since the defense bonuses for slash, stab will disappear for players and thyse type of stat bonuses will apply to monsters. Also buying dungeoneering prayers is pointless since at beta u will get them for free (tokens will be refunded)

Terrio

User is banned.
Every one has access to the combat beta They released it to the public dude Go try it out!

7ewis

I thought it was all members have access to it? I can't see any way to access it?

So by becoming a tank, I need to just go for defence?

I obviously should get my attack to the same level as my strength as well shouldn't I?

Would getting 50 defence be a good idea, so I can wear rune?

I was training Prayer to assist me in fights, as it isn't factored into cb level anymore, I thought it could be useful!

I don't think tanks will be a good build after the update. A maxed tank will have the same combat level as a maxed main. Most of us haven't gotten used to pking in the beta, so we wouldn't know any more than you. All players with an existing subscription can try the beta out. To add on with what everyone else has said, prayer, summoning, and constitution will not level your character. One's combat level will be based on your highest skill + defense level +2, so the maximum combat level will be 200. If you're a pure, I suggest you train your attack and strength now because after the update, training will be more difficult. Good luck.

Pichu

Onyx user!
Im sure you just made a thread about combat beta,do not double post please?

7ewis

Gamma said:
I don't think tanks will be a good build after the update. A maxed tank will have the same combat level as a maxed main. Most of us haven't gotten used to pking in the beta, so we wouldn't know any more than you. All players with an existing subscription can try the beta out. To add on with what everyone else has said, prayer, summoning, and constitution will not level your character. One's combat level will be based on your highest skill + defense level +2, so the maximum combat level will be 200. If you're a pure, I suggest you train your attack and strength now because after the update, training will be more difficult. Good luck.

Ah okay, thanks!
I know this might seem a bit stupid.. but by having high attack, would that let me hit people wearing rune more often? Because at the moment, they can all easily beat me.. I know that Attack controls how often you hit, but read in some article that you need high strength?

ixmitchxi

Ive had my fair share of cb beta and I find that you need defence. Balanced accounts are the best, since levels dont matter as much. Also mages>>>>>>melee and i get raped everytime I play a mage. Cant ever beat em. Range==melee so ye, mages are gonna be the best for clans.

Cannabis

Onyx user!
A maxed summoning tank could be beast in the beta as it'd only be level 102. 1 (highest combat stat(not defence)) + 99 Defence + 2 = 102 Summoning doesn't count as a combat skill after EOC, so that with 99 Prayer would be simply amazing.