• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How to Not Get Turbo'd

Kirby

Power member.
Well lots of people on this site are seeming to be turbo'd. So I am making this thread to try to help you guys not be turbo'd.​

First Off
If you are going to swap a tag. NEVER let anyone know you are doing this, besides who you are swapping with, and make sure they are a very close friend, and would never take it from you.

Secondly
Do NOT tag swap the first day you have bought your tag, or even the second. It's probably the dumbest mistake you can make. Wait a week if not a little longer to swap the tag.

Thirdly
I have been seeing lots of people making threads, or replying to them, saying they want to tag swap. This is another terrible mistake, because once you've done this, don't be surprised if someone is turboing the tag for a while. Because either way, even if you decided to just buy the tag and not swap, they know that you want to soon.

Fourthly
SOMETIMES Xbox glitches. If you didn't get your tag right away, keep trying for 30 minutes. This will normally happen if you tried to get the gamertag to soon. To confirm it is a glitch, go to the dashboard and Friend Request the person with that gamertag, and if it says nobody has it, then it is probably glitched. Keep trying to take the tag for a little longer. If someone has it, you've been turbo'd.

Lastly
If you know you are going to be swapping your tag soon, NEVER stupid things like:
-Message all your friends on XBL
-Tell anyone (As I've said before)
-Tell people what tag you've bought

Tips
Tip 1) Pretend the tag is banned and wait a week so turboers think the tag is unswappable
Tip 2) Wait a week or more and make it seem like you will never swap it so turboers give up
Tip 3) when swapping do it in the middle of the afternoon when the least amount of people are online

If you follow this, you should not be turbo'd​

h6te

Nice thread Kirby! I'm sure this is gonna help a lot of people!

Intro

User is banned.
Nice thread, in every forum I go people seem to have problems with this. I don't see why some people have to turbo. Seems like a asshole thing to do.

Kirby

Power member.
Thanks guys. Still see people on this forum doing dumb things :p

Moon

Great thread.. Post people won't read but you know.

Kirby

Power member.
Crows said:
Great thread.. Post people won't read but you know.

If they don't read it, it's their own fault. It's here to help.

Ace

Power member.
I'm sorry but if you get turboed it's just sad.

Nice thread though to help the one's who don't know

Earl

Power member.
I understand the thread but would someone fill me on what exactly turboing is??

Quad

User is banned.
imRsrv said:
I understand the thread but would someone fill me on what exactly turboing is??

its when low life scum use an auto clicker to continually try to change the name on their gamertag to something that is taken forever. Basically the second you go to swap the gamertag to a different account they will take.

Earl

Power member.
Thats gay... Thanks for the tips Kirby and for the explanation Quad

Kirby

Power member.
Dean Winchester said:
This is a well constructive and very informative thread. Nice work.

OT; Who would turbo gamertags for weeks on end, is it even possible?
I believe their are programs. Otherwise, the person would have to be using a turbo controller, or an auto-clicker.

Quad

User is banned.
I know uniform has a free 24/7 turboer. And to be honest your signature isnt too promising either Dean

Founder

Onyx user!
I would recommend doing it around 8am eastern time because around that time nobody is usually on for me.