• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Basic Avatar [Extremely Easy]

Vanity

Power member.
Just some basic things, I see people charging credits/money for something that takes less than a minute.​

Firstly download this (photoshop cs6): http://portableapptrash.blogspot.sg/[/CENTER]
It's got no virus's, it's only 90mb's, you don't even need to install it.​

If you wan't to make a circle avatar without or without border:​

Step 1: Dimensions​
I personally use 400x400 (pixels not cms/inches) as it re sizes quite nicely.​

WY3OY09.png

Step 2: Find the Image you want to use and resize it to fit, using ctrl + t.​
Hold shift to keep the picture from becoming distorted, move it around till your happy with the placement​
If you need to zoom out, hold alt and scroll​

xnzHfGP.png

Step 3: Selecting the Elliptical Selection tool​
Hold down mouse one to bring up the selection menu​

bJfgaGQ.png

Step 4: Place your cursor in the middle of the image, click and drag outwards whilst holding shift + alt​

f3iN3kn.png

Step 5: Press ctrl + x to cut the image out, press ctrl + v after you have done that​
This separates the background and image you want to keep​

Kfe18rU.png

Step 6: Hide the un-needed layers (Layers 1 and Background) by clicking the eye​

1RXNPUH.png

Step 7: Re position your image to the center by using the move tool, you can click the tool or hit "v" on your keyboard​
For small movement, use the arrow keys whilst you're on the move tool​

OROLMvD.png

Step 8 (If you want a border on the image): Right click the layer and select "Blending Options"​

LS3J1hO.png

Step 9: Select Stroke and choose a color that you like​
The size makes the border thicker, the opacity is how see through it is​

VTprGvA.png

Step 10: Save the file​
File > Save as > .png​
You can also save the photoshop file if you would like​

vodoBnf.png

pUXGTcn.png

Gen

User is banned.
Free Photoshop? I'm down, inb4 ratted.

@Senpai

blast

Thanks for making this! I'm sure it will be very useful for users who are unfamiliar with photoshop! :)

Vanity

Power member.
Rae said:
Free Photoshop? I'm down, inb4 ratted.

@Senpai

You can virus total it if you wan't lmao, i have the photoshop on a pendrive incase i need it for work

Blast said:
Thanks for making this! I'm sure it will be very useful for users who are unfamiliar with photoshop! :)

Lets hope so, I've just seen users paying for avatars that are average at best, when they could make their own in 5 minutes.

Gen

User is banned.
Wait so, is there any difference between this PS and the paid one or? Ty for tutorial btw.

Vanity

Power member.
Rae said:
Wait so, is there any difference between this PS and the paid one or? Ty for tutorial btw.

This one is free, it's only 90mb's or so, it does not require an install, but they both have the exact some functions etc, this ones just compressed

Paradox

User is banned.
I've known how to do these for a while, but I'm glad to see someone has taken the time to do a tutorial. Thanks.

Vanity

Power member.
Paradox said:
I've known how to do these for a while, but I'm glad to see someone has taken the time to do a tutorial. Thanks.
It's quite simple when you somewhat know your way around photoshop, but there's always people that want to learn how to do it :)

Yui

This seems a bunch easier than how I made my circular avatar, thanks for the quick guide!

Vanity

Power member.
Exodia said:
Thanks for the tutorial. But I don't want a round avatar.

Doesn't need to be circular, just use the other selection tools.

Space Time

User is banned.
Or you could create a circle using the shapes tool get your image and create a clipping mask....
Easy

Vanity

Power member.
ETHEREALITY said:
Or you could create a circle using the shapes tool get your image and create a clipping mask....
Easy
grats, make your own guide with that one different step !!11!!!!1