• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

#AltonSterling #PhilandoCastile

givhet

In less than 48 hours 2 black men (and others) were fatally shot by caucasian police officers. You can find the videos of the shootings online / twitter if you search for it. What are you guys opinion on the whole situation and #blacklivesmatter

(and yes I am a black male)

BabyGirl

Honestly i feel that white cops are too caught up with the amount of power they have. So they usually end up taking a lot of that for granted. In my opinion, i feel that cops shouldn't have the right kill someone unless that person is trying to kill them. But i wonder why no one talks about the black cops killing other black males or the black cops killing white males..?

Julian

Power member.
@babygirl even though i 100% agree with you, the officer that killed Philando Castle shot him because he was told that Philando was armed and he thought Philando was reaching for a gun while in reality reaching for his wallet. And for the Black on Black thing, nobody pays attention to situations like that because shit like that never happens, when do you ever hear of a Black cop killing another Black, never, at least for me.

BabyGirl

Julian said:
@babygirl even though i 100% agree with you, the officer that killed Philando Castle shot him because he was told that Philando was armed and he thought Philando was reaching for a gun while in reality reaching for his wallet. And for the Black on Black thing, nobody pays attention to situations like that because shit like that never happens, when do you ever hear of a Black cop killing another Black, never, at least for me.
It does happen, you just don't hear about it, Because no one cares. Everyone is so caught up about what is & what's not racist.

Loli

givhet said:
In less than 48 hours 2 black men (and others) were fatally shot by caucasian police officers. You can find the videos of the shootings online / twitter if you search for it. What are you guys opinion on the whole situation and #blacklivesmatter

(and yes I am a black male)
Why do you have to emphasize on the fact they were caucasian that's crazy annoying. Also i hate #blacklivesmatter how about #AllLivesMatter? Talking about the subject Alton was obviously in the wrong for resisting officers (who were telling him to stop moving) and fighting back. After all the reason the cops were called to the seen was because he pointed a gun at a homeless person. Regardless I believe the death to be brutal but not unjustifiable.

Regarding Philando EVERYONE needs to calm down first. All we saw was after he was shot. We have no idea what the real truth is because no one saw what happened. for all whe know she could've been lying then again she just as easily could be telling the truth. You are all ignorant and so am I so lets shut up about this one until more details are released.

Zac

Power member.
It's not about race. Don't make it about race. It's about cops being corrupt and abusing there power.

Patelpb

Onyx user!
Zac said:
It's not about race. Don't make it about race. It's about cops being corrupt and abusing there power.

This. Though it's important to understand why people take it as being about race...

When you give police officers a quota to meet, they go for the easiest targets. Who's going to be easier, someone who's well off, can defend themselves in court, and has less of a reason to commit crimes? Or someone that comes from a lower income household and whose demographic statistically commits more crimes? The fact that black people are most commonly the demographic I'm referring to is a discussion with its own issues, but it's most commonly the demographic indeed.

Obviously the cops will tend to go for the latter. Just know that it isn't because the cops are racist, it's because urban black populations have the easiest targets. This, in turn, reflects poorly on all of the black people that don't do anything wrong. When a person has dealt with bad black people in places with high crime rates, that impression carries over to areas with black people that wouldn't dream of doing the same thing - unconciously. People don't realize that gun-related deaths by cops have only decreased this past century; It's not the abundance of these incidents, but rather, the ease with which they can be reported that are resulting in the current state of society. To put it simply, being able to record it with the phone in your pocket and put it on the internet in a span of 5 minutes is not something the average person could do 10 years ago. If it was, I'm certain that this would have already been a trending issue.

So going back to what Zac said - this isn't a case for racism. This is a case to fix the broken police system which garners actions that look a lot like racism (not for that reason, mind you).

smalls

Power member.
more white people have been killed, why whenever a white person gets killed they "deserve it" or "had it coming"?
whenever a black man/woman is shot/manhandled by a cop its "police brutality"?

#ALLLIVESMATTER!

Feel

Power member.
WuTang said:
more white people have been killed, why whenever a white person gets killed they "deserve it" or "had it coming"?
whenever a black man/woman is shot/manhandled by a cop its "police brutality"?

#ALLLIVESMATTER!

exactly, @WuTang you couldn't have said it better