• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

♛ Explaining Windows OS Trojan Viruses and Professional Support

Enthrones

User is banned.
Windows_Drive.png
Explaining Windows OS Trojan Viruses and 24/7 Support
Trojan horses are designed to allow a hacker remote access to a target computer system. Once a trojan horse has been installed on a target computer system it is possible for a hacker to access it remotely and perform operations. The operations that hacktivists can perform are limited by user privileges on the target computer system and the design of the trojan horse itself. Trojan's can be used to perform distributed denial of service attacks (DDOS) and can also be used for data theft, installations, downloading of files, deletion of files, modification of files and also can be used for keystroke logging, most people create trojan viruses to spy on individuals via remote desktop, webcam, or looking through their logs, passwords, and personal information such as debit cards, credit cards, identification (ID), and driver licenses.

Getting to know Windows OS Trojans:
  • Downloading of files
  • Uploading of files
  • Deletion of files
  • Modification of files
  • Keystroke logging
  • Viewing the user's screen
  • Installation of software (including other malware)
  • Data Theft (e.g. passwords, security codes, credit card information)
  • Use of the machine as part of a Botnet (e.g. to perform Distributed Denial-of-service attacks)
Do you have any questions regarding Trojan Horses?
What is the difference between worms and trojans?
A worm is used to spread itself, although they can't steal anything such as personal information. On the other hand, a trojan horse can steal information such as passwords, and addresses.

Would Avast or AVG be effective to remove trojans as well?
I would recommend AVG. In addition to that, AVG offers a Linkscanner and SN protection which will better your experience online.

How would you be able to remove a RAT and stay secure?
If the file is encrypted with an FUD Crypter, or a various combination of features of the RAT is enabled, it will be useless to use any sort of tools. In addition to that, the most simple way to delete the RAT, is to delete them from the source. You can do this with only two tools, both contained in the Sysinternals Suite by Microsoft, these tools are ProcExp and Autoruns. With Autoruns, you find the Start-Up entries of the stub, most of the time as RAT's aren't that advanced you could delete these entries. Before deleting them, take note of the name of the program before they launch but also take note if it launches itself as another process. If so, identify that process in the Process Explorer and right-click on the process with the suspicious name and select "Open file location" until it brings you to the location of the stub. Once it's done, delete every program that is related to the stub. From there, I highly suggest you to review the folders, delete the suspicious folders (be cautious) and delete everything in your AppData\Local\Temp folder. After that, go in your C:\$Recycle.bin folder and delete everything you see. In order to go in these folders, you might want to enable Show hidden files and folders and uncheck the Hide system files and folders.

tattoo

User is banned.
Very informative and helpful, thanks dude!

Space Time

User is banned.
Another high quality thread from you :)
Good job! keep them coming!
You are from bossthrones right?

Daimi

User is banned.
Enthrones said:
I'd like to direct you to this thread to give you knowledge on the differences between antiviruses and antimalwares.
https://www.forumkorner.com/thread-239592.html
Okay so now you're assuming I'm not educated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which are all anti-malware programs too.

Enthrones

User is banned.
Kowai said:
Okay so now you're assuming I'm not educated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which are all anti-malware programs too.

Malwarebytes has not nothing to do with the removal of trojans.

Yui

I sometimes get Trojan Horse come up as a thing that AVG needs to kill, it always says "The threat has been removed" so am I in the all clear? 
I'd rather not have some sweaty nerd looking at my personal information etc.

Enthrones

User is banned.
Arysen said:
Another high quality thread from you :)
Good job! keep them coming!
You are from bossthrones right?

I'm the official owner of the board and have posted these threads there.

Enthrones

User is banned.
Kowai said:
Where does it say otherwise?

Do tell.

You need to get down to the root.
Just because you ran a software and found the virus does not mean it will be completely removed.