• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

★★ Step by Step Java Tutorials - Beginner to Advanced ★★

OliverE

Power member.
★ Java Tutorial Mega Thread ★

This list of tutorials goes in steps of difficulty, start at 1 and work your way down.
You wont find anything in the tutorials that you have not learnt about in previous tutorials.
These tutorials will not just give you code and expect you to understand, you will be guided through everything, learning exactly what everything means.
If you ever need any help, dont hesistate to PM me. Im always here to help.

1. Downloading & Installing Eclipse
  2. Creating a Project & Class in Eclipse
  3. HelloWorld
  4. Integers
  5. Integers & Variables
  6. IF Statement and Locial & Relational Operators
  7. Boolean
  8. Object Types & Strings
  9. Input & Selections
  10. Nested IFs & Switches
  11. Is a number a Prime Number?
  12. For Loops
  13. While & Do-While Loops
  14. Methods
  15. Arrays
This list is ever growing so make sure you check back for the latest installment.

SGOD

I took an AP Computer Science class. It was pretty hard to learn but I eventually got the hang of it. Just don't get discouraged when you first start coding.

Anyways, nice share man!

OliverE

Power member.
No problem, im coming to the end of my first year doing Software Engineering at University, so I though id share what we have been learning.
The content is fresh in my mind, I find that alot of the tutorials online are missing basic steps that professionals may glance over. So by doing it as I learn I hope that everyone can follow it without fault.

Philly

Power member.
BleepyEvans said:
No problem, im coming to the end of my first year doing Software Engineering at University, so I though id share what we have been learning.
The content is fresh in my mind, I find that alot of the tutorials online are missing basic steps that professionals may glance over. So by doing it as I learn I hope that everyone can follow it without fault.

This is very true. Alot of people manage to skip steps as they are so simple. That goes for anything really. Thats why some professionals don't give lessons because they can't. But these are great tutorials for beginners.

OliverE

Power member.
Thanks, I have a tutor and he says do 'X' and everyone has no idea what he wants us to do because of the reasons mentioned about. to him it might seem a basic task, but to someone who is new to the topic it can be very hard.

Philly

Power member.
BleepyEvans said:
Thanks, I have a tutor and he says do 'X' and everyone has no idea what he wants us to do because of the reasons mentioned about. to him it might seem a basic task, but to someone who is new to the topic it can be very hard.

Yeah for sure man. :)

Phox

User is banned.
Great tutorial man, Although its just the basics... hey people have to start somewhere...

Bowser

Power member.
Looks like a great tutorial, Im very bad at coding and will look into this. Thanks.[:

Hacker

User is banned.
This is a great thread. I was considering on beginning to learn how to code, and I now think this will be a great place for me to start. Thank you very much BleepyEvans for this high quality tutorial.

м¢ℓσνιη

Because Philly moved CTF to ForumKorner.

Shock

Onyx user!
OliverE said:
★ Java Tutorial Mega Thread ★
This list of tutorials goes in steps of difficulty, start at 1 and work your way down.
You wont find anything in the tutorials that you have not learnt about in previous tutorials.
These tutorials will not just give you code and expect you to understand, you will be guided through everything, learning exactly what everything means.
If you ever need any help, dont hesistate to PM me. Im always here to help.
  1. Downloading & Installing Eclipse
  2. Creating a Project & Class in Eclipse
  3. HelloWorld
  4. Integers
  5. Integers & Variables
  6. IF Statement and Locial & Relational Operators
  7. Boolean
  8. Object Types & Strings
  9. Input & Selections
  10. Nested IFs & Switches
  11. Is a number a Prime Number?
  12. For Loops
  13. While & Do-While Loops
  14. Methods
  15. Arrays
This list is ever growing so make sure you check back for the latest installment.

Update the links plz not working